• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Erm, Should I expect the pitter patter of hundreds of tiny feet?

Had never actually thought about where they come from but after a bit of reading found they come out from an opening on the underside of the scorpion near the pectines (feather like structures underneath the scorpion). I am pretty sure the female will be fine after birthing but cant confirm this :?

Just looking at the pics you almost expect them to eat their way out...:eek:

I usually like weird animals, but scorpions just give me the heebedy mejeebies.

What does she feed them??? Don't they ride around on her back for a while or something?

For about a week they ride around on her. She feeds them pieces of food she breaks apart, so like, she will hand them a piece of the cricket she is eating lol

This might help the 'where do the come from' question :laugh:

Attachments

• 484863_10100789844527588_501676775_nv.jpg
    484863_10100789844527588_501676775_nv.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 43
probably =/ Seems like the male pectines extend to the first 'notch' on the first segment, while the females are lil nubs XD

You know, I've always seen those on the wild AZ bark scorpions we have around here, and I thought they must be used for sensing ground vibrations, but I had no idea the babies would come out of that area. Very interesting!

Oh wow, she sure looks ready to burst. I never knew scorpions had live babies, I would have guessed that they laid eggs. It's cool that they take care of them for a little bit after they are born too. Although I must admit the thought of birthing multiple little claws creeps me out :eek:

People at work say I'm strange. Babies come out of the genital operculum, and poop comes out at the end of the "tail" before the sting.

Oh wow, she sure looks ready to burst. I never knew scorpions had live babies, I would have guessed that they laid eggs. It's cool that they take care of them for a little bit after they are born too. Although I must admit the thought of birthing multiple little claws creeps me out :eek:

As a dude, I've always thought the idea of anything growing inside you would be creepy. :bird:

As a dude, I've always thought the idea of anything growing inside you would be creepy. :bird:

A woman I work with refuses to have kids for that reason... She says the idea of something growing inside her would drive her mad

Haha I love being pregnant. The first couple of times my first moved and I could feel it, it was a bit unnerving, but it is so AWESOME!! To be able to pat your belly and elicit a kick/punch ♥ growing babies respond to music, flashlights, voices, loud sudden noises, etc. Quite extraordinary when you stop to think about it!

Back