• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

exo terra viv's?

A little baby would be hard to keep track of in a 36 X 18" cage. Like most folks, I do move them up as they grow. I don't think it's a matter of "stress" so much as keeping track of sheds, being sure there's been no regurge, etc.

That's true. I was thinking of starting out with the 12"12"18". Do you think that's a suitable size to keep track of a baby corn? I was going to go with the 12"12"12" but apparently corns like to climb so I figured he/she would enjoy that extra head room.

If I remember right, the 18" high one isn't much more. I'd go with it simply because it will be more versatile for something else down the road. Those 12 X 12 X 18"s are perfect for a single day gecko.

Yeah, I was also thinking about the best cage suited when I move my corn and use it for another species. Thanks for the advice. :)

We have an exo terra that is roughly the 30g for our Hog Island Boa, Parker. We love the front opening doors. He hated having us going in from the top to pull him out. He would hiss and throw a fit. Now he seems more comfortable about us going into his viv and messing around changing water out or spot cleaning. He doesn't even his when we pull him out anymore. We are thinking about even getting a 40g for our beardie. but not sure.

He will out grow this but we got it for free because it had a small crack in the top of the door and they had already written it off and was going to throw it away. We fixed it with aquarium sealant. The crack was maybe an inch Hubby works at a Pet store where he also gets 50% off all Hagan products (exo terra is hagan)

I bought a Zilla 40 gallon a few weeks ago because the $125 price difference didn't seem worth it for the front opening doors. Luckily the store I purchased it from let me exchange it almost 60 days later for full value. I found the Zilla screen extremely annoying as you have to slide it towards yourself to open. Between having to move the light each time I wanted to open it and not being able to keep my cat off the screen lid, it became a huge PITA.

I just finished decorating the Exo-Terra (18x18x36), my little guy is bombing around exploring and I dare say I think he likes it.

Attachments

• image104.jpg
    image104.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 74
Escape Proof?

I just purchased two Exo-Terra vivs (36x18x18). I love the way they look but am concerned about something and was hoping you Exo-Terra owners could address this. The top frame (that the screen frame rests) in is plastic. And I can easily lift the frame up a bit with my fingers (see photo), creating a small gap between the frame and the glass doors. Knowing what escape artists snakes are, I am wondering if mine could get out that way. Do you think a snake could lift up the frame by pushing on it with its head and then get out that small gap? Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 50
Back