• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fav morph?

Amyshizzle

What is your favorite type of corn snake? I am new to them and would like to know what every one likes so I can look up what they look like and see which I like best. =P

I like blizzard corn snakes and ghost corn snakes but with the blizzards I want one that is really white...dunno if I can get one really white.

Bubble gum & lavendars are puuuurddy too! I'm a new owner (well, kinda) as well. Dallas is my first snake, he's an Amel (or red albino). When I purchased a baby for my friend from a breeder, I fell in love with my little guy!

Jungle corns are a hybrid between a corn snake and a king snake. They do not have a set look, and clutchmates can look very different from one another.

oohhh so it's best to stay away from those or does it matter? I like the way they look but I wouldn't want to get something that would be unhealthy or mean.

Its all really up to you & your preference. I hear a lot of ppl on these forums who have jungle corns w/out any aggressive behavior issues. Both breeds seem docile enough to have as pets. SO ULTIMATEL THE CHOICE IS YOURS! :)

They aren't unhealthy or mean. They are sometimes looked down upon because unscrupulous people may not correctly label hybrids as such when they have a high percentage of corn. Think of it this way, while I like mutt dogs, and all my dogs so far have been mutts, someday I want a purebred english shepherd. I would be very upset if I paid hundreds of dollars for a pure english shepherd only to discover one day that it was not pure. That's how I, and many others, feel about cornsnakes. I'm not into kingsnakes, or gophers/bulls, or even other rats. I love *corns* and so want a *corn* snake.

See, I am feeling the same way. I want a CORN not a KING. So, I think I'll stay away from the jungle hybrid. Stick with the pure corns.

With Blizzards is it hard to get one that is pure white, without any pink in it?

Okay awesome then the picture I saw must have been a phony blizzard. I've always loved the blizzards. There are so many awesome colors and morphs of corn snakes. Its called morphs right?

The Okeetee is not a morph (right?), or I'd list that as my fav--especially the selectively bred ones with the bold black borders :).

REALLY bright orange/red snakes make me insane! I LOVE them--fires, cayenne fires, sunglows (especially motleys), etc.

So far, though, I think my favorite morph is the Tessera. Those guys' patterns are amazing!

I love red corn snakes too. Are there any red and black ones?

hmmm do they have a book on corn snake morphs? lol I love to read books, so if they did it would be amazing.

Yes, there is the Morph Guide, put out by Charles Pritzel. Lots of pictures.

I am crazy for gray, so I love cinders, charcoals, aneries, and any combo morph involving these that is gray.

If you want a really white cornsnake, the whitest morph I've seen pictures of is Powder, amel +anery + charcoal + hypo

Back