• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding routine/growth rate?

I agree in that respect. Animals deal with conditions which change on a daily basis in the wild, the thus slight fluctuations in various aspect of their keeping are not necessarily bad. The reason I asked was simply because up until now, there seems to have a decent growth rate, and it has pretty much stopped now. He is a small snake, that I understand, hence the feeding of smaller pray items. Someone suggested bumping up his prey size, there is no way he could take a bigger pray item at this time. Problem is, he is no longer growing on the prey size which should provide growth.

I agree in that respect. Animals deal with conditions which change on a daily basis in the wild, the thus slight fluctuations in various aspect of their keeping are not necessarily bad. The reason I asked was simply because up until now, there seems to have a decent growth rate, and it has pretty much stopped now. He is a small snake, that I understand, hence the feeding of smaller pray items. Someone suggested bumping up his prey size, there is no way he could take a bigger pray item at this time. Problem is, he is no longer growing on the prey size which should provide growth.

Dude,

Are you buying your rodents online or through a local supply? I buy mine locally and I can go in and ask for larger fuzzies or smaller fuzzies. The owner will even allow me to go back with him and examine the ones he's pulling out to make sure that I'm getting the size I want.

Like last night, my two were both getting one normal size fuzzy and then it was followed up by a much smaller fuzzy. They really should be on hoppers now, but needed to finish up the fuzzies first.

pinkies.jpg

(Ignore the dots, this bags got freezerburn.)

Which size are you feeding? roughly :)

I will have to actually measure one when I feed tonight, but the smallest middle one looks almost identical to what i feed

Sorry clicked submit too fast... look for pinkies in the three gram range.
The snake only wighs 8g, so a 3g pink would be far too big IMO. 1g pinks every 5 days should get it growing unless there are underlying health problems

Yea, 3g might be a little big. As I've said, there are no underlying health problems, unless its something that shows symptoms I have recognized, but he seems healthy to me. Any reasons besides a health issue that would cause the stop in growth?

well, I fed a pinky last night, but I think next feeding I will try two small pinkies, and if that goes well for a few feedings, up to larger pinkies, based on advice from my breeder. The pinky I fed last night actually had the scale fluctuating between weighing 0 grams and 1 gram, and I think I have had that happen before. Since my scale measures in increments of one gram, I assume that it was close to a gram, but just barely. Small mice might be the issue here. He has handled the same size mice since he was only 5 grams or less. He was probably closer to 4 grams or so when I got him, but I didn't have the scale at that time. He has doubled in weight and put on at least 2 inches since I have had him, and the pinkies seem to go down fast, as does the lump. I will update after the next feeding, thanks for all of the help.

Back