• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding

snakemad

[Shauni]Lovin[Her]Snakes
I feed my snakes once every 4/5 days and my youngest snake (7months old yesterday) normally feeds on 2 pinkies but every so often he goes about 2weeks without feeding, I tried feeding him today but he wouldn't. Could he be ready to shed or something even though his eyes haven't went cloudy yet?

I could be ready to shed. they do clear up before shed. When was the last time it shedded??
My other concerns are the ages of the older snakes. You feed them every 4-5 days but if they are a yearling you could push that to 7 days. And why isn't the 7 mos old snake on the 4-5 days feeding plan??

I could be ready to shed. they do clear up before shed. When was the last time it shedded??
My other concerns are the ages of the older snakes. You feed them every 4-5 days but if they are a yearling you could push that to 7 days. And why isn't the 7 mos old snake on the 4-5 days feeding plan??
Both of my snakes get fed at the same time and the last time he shed was last month My other snake is just over 1year

Both of my snakes get fed at the same time and the last time he shed was last month My other snake is just over 1year

OK you have just two snakes. Me too.

But like stated, the younger one could be refusing food because of the shed cycle or it's the way you prepair the pinky. You haven't said how you do that. Also with the 7 mos snake you should only fed to food items when you are trying to bump up to the next food size, fuzzys in your case.

Well i am trying to feed him 2 pinkies as he wont eat the bigger ones as we have tried, i have to slit them a bit to let the scent out, otherwise he leaves them aswell, the older snake eats perfectly she eats fluffs

A little tip. I try to feed my problem eater first. If they refuse that goes to the next snake plus. So pinky and fluff.
Are the pinky warm when serve. You could also sent them with either tuna juice or chicken broth and also wash them with ivory soap. But only dosent trick per wash, tuna, chicken per feeding day.

His pinkies are always warm, and what is ivory soap? I have never heard of it here =| I will try to feed him again tomorrow.

He fed on 2 pinkies 2days ago straight away :spinner: So he must just want to be fussy :rofl:

No not yet he is still small i was just saying he is a fussy eater lol wait till his next shed see how big he is then

Well OK. But just so you know... usually you feed a snake two food items(pinkies in your case) when you want the snake to move up to the next size.
And feeding it the next size up is more nutritious for the snake. But....... if the snake is a problem feeder maybe you shouldn't push it. Also some snakes are shy eaters. They don't like a being watched.

Good Luck.

well i will try him soon then =D before we left him for hours to feed but he would then about 4days later he did here is a pic of him: Image023.jpg i know it looks blury

Hi i need help i just bought a baby corn snake and it will not eat I have had it for a week.
it is about 12 inches long and i was told to feed it minos.please help

try and gut it (with my youngest i know this sound sick but i squeeze the pinkies head so some of its stuff comes out of its nose then i feed it to him) if he doesnt eat still leave him for a while he might be scared of his new environment

Hi i need help i just bought a baby corn snake and it will not eat I have had it for a week.
it is about 12 inches long and i was told to feed it minos.please help

Minos???!! Like little fish. WRONG!.
Like snakemad states let it be for a few day and try again.
Also....starting a new thread would help get a better response to your question than highjacking this one.

Back