• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First Hatchling

Day #68 is it!! Amel x Motley Butter clutch is just starting to pip. Came home just now to a little Amel Nose looking at me, then quickly retreated. So I know I have 1 Amel het carmel (butter). Now the other 14 eggs need to pip!
Can't wait to check em in the morning!

OK. Here are a couple of updated pics. Also, the other remaining eggs are dimpling in now, so I am hoping for a few more pippies later today or tonight. If all goes well, the first clutch should be all done before I leave Saturday, otherwise the wifey will take care of them. Sorry they are not great pics, but I am not the photographer type. The only camera I have is my phone! lol.
get-attachmentaspx-5.jpg
get-attachment-1aspx.jpg

Day 69 comes to a close. I am losing hope with the remaining eggs. This morning, they started to dimple. They are still dimpled, more so than before. The only thing that is putting me off, is that the eggs have begun to turn green at a rapid pace. I am not sure why this would happen, but I am hoping that I will wake up tomorrow to pippies and not have to worry about it anymore. At the rate they are going, they will either pip, or they will collapse in on themselves within the next day or so. If they don't make it, that means there is only one hatchling from my first clutch ever. That would bum me out, but considering the adversity I have faced with this group of eggs from day 1, I am proud that any of them made it.

Rich

I woke up this morning and I saw all the remaining eggs had caved in. They were beyond dimpled. I slit the eggs just in case, and I found 4 fully formed snakes, egg teeth intact, that for some reason just didn't make it. I am bummed. I am taking my little guy to the pet store today. I still have 8 good eggs from clutch #2 in the Hobavator. I have to admit, though, I am a bit less optimistic then I was before. You breeders are a special group of people. This is heartbreaking....

Aww I'm sorry to hear about them being dead in the egg :( You don't have room to keep the one guy that made it?

And I've got my fingers crossed for you that the other ones all pip sucessfully. It's hard to say if there's any rhyme or reason to what goes on inside those eggs so try not to get too discouraged.

I promised my wife when I began trying to breed that I would not keep any. We already have 2 snakes, and a dog. We have room, but we do not have a whole lot of time. We each run our own businesses, I am in a doctoral program, and we would like to have a baby too. I brought the little guy to the store, and I dropped him off. They are good people and they will take care of him. I still have 1 more clutch, then I think I am going to be done with the egg thing. Unless this one turns out fantastic, I may have lost my taste for it. Too much death...

Back