• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First year at breeding, and here they are...

Scally Friends

My first year at breeding and here are some of the best of the bunch!

In order.....

Motley (what a big baby for 4months)

Ghost (With Ruby eyes)

Amel (But im not sure.... What do you think?)

Any ideas would be very helpful?

thankyou and enjoy looking.

Charlotte
xxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Motley Jr 1.1.JPG
    Motley Jr 1.1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Ghost corn (ASH).1.JPG
    Ghost corn (ASH).1.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Bright norma 1.1.JPG
    Bright norma 1.1.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Amel 1.JPG
    Amel 1.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Amel 2.JPG
    Amel 2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 168
The bright looking normal in between the ghost and the amel.

i have no idea what to call it ant ideas...?

here is its sibling. a much lighter in colour any ideas here as well?

the darker sibling under

both have ruby eyes.

sorry about this been all over the place im still new at this.

charlotte
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Amel dark 1.JPG
    Amel dark 1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Bright norma 1.1.JPG
    Bright norma 1.1.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 164
i have no idea...

i did think that the light one on the second post did look ultra amel, is that the one your talking about?

Scally Friends said:
i have no idea...

i did think that the light one on the second post did look ultra amel, is that the one your talking about?
Yes, that's the one I was referring to...but I've only even seen 1 ultramel in person so I am definitely NOT an expert on them ;) You'll want to get the opinion of some more experienced people! And you'll never be certain without some breeding trials in a few years :D

Well I don't count as super experienced with Ultramels but compare your snake to the one in my avatar and you'll see it looks the same...spookily enough, right down to the head pattern!!!

so if it is an ultra amel, or something ultra, does that mean im lucky to have one in the uk? does that mean it is valuable to collectors or breeders in the uk, because it is for sale, i just kept it back because it was different and pretty.

You can't sell it as an Ultra orUltramel unless you are 100% sure through breeding trials that it is...looks to be a good candidate though! :cheers:

could you get some more pics of that one?! they are beautiful, that one definately doesnt look like a regular hypo:)

If thats a hypo, it has to be one of the best I've ever seen :) Post pics of the eyes and close ups of the saddles, particularly the borders. That may help a little bit. Did you get any others in the clutch that looked like that one?

here are some more pics/ close ups!

I have posted some more pictures as requested, hope this helps.

the first lot are off the darker looking corn.

Attachments

• Dark belly shot.JPG
    Dark belly shot.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Dark head.JPG
    Dark head.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Dark tail.JPG
    Dark tail.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 51
then the second lot are off the lighter corn.

Attachments

• light belly shot.JPG
    light belly shot.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 50
  • light close up.JPG
    light close up.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 51
  • light close up on head.JPG
    light close up on head.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Light full body.JPG
    Light full body.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Light full body sunlight shot.JPG
    Light full body sunlight shot.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 50
Just for kicks I thought I'd post a picture of a normal that is either het ultra or amel. Personally, I lean toward ultra, but of course, I could be wrong. I'll have to try to prove him out in a couple of years.
Wulfgar.jpg

And here is an ultramel hatchling:
100_4235.JPG

my uneducated guess would be lighter seems quite ultra-ish and the dark could be hypo

i wouldnt have said its an ultramel.
as for them being in the uk?, i dont think so yet, although there are a few rumours that someone in the north has imported a few new bits, so we'll have to wait and see. if its who i think it is they dont usually talk about stuff, they just sell when they have it ready.

I don't think we have ultra in this country yet, although as Nigel says there are a few breeders who don't talk about their new stuff. We do have some awesome hypos though, I think that's what you've got there.

im going to say, 1. is a hypo and 2. is an ultra....you really NEVER no, just because the ultras arent in the UK much, doesnt mean that some people dont have them and/or produce them..

Back