• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

freaking out

Snake can survive without a food for month, which I believe.
If you tried to feed it everyday, you are stressing your snake out and it won't eat.
Just give it another week, and try the best way to put your snake in
a box, or a cup, and put pinkies in there. Leave your snake and pinkie in a box or
a cup, and put in your closet or whereever warm and dark spot. Leave it overnight,
and there is high chance that your snake will eat it.
Works for me.

If you tried to feed it everyday, you are stressing your snake out and it won't eat.
a box, or a cup, and put pinkies in there. Leave your snake and pinkie in a box or
a cup, and put in your closet or whereever warm and dark spot. Leave it overnight,
Works for me.

And make sure there is a good LID on the box/cup (and tiny air holes) so they won't escape!

I put mine in the deli cup he was delivered in, put the lid on, put it back in his viv, turn the lights of and leave him for 20 minutes. He always has a nice round belly when I get back :)

Oh, and if you use my method (really Kathy told me to do it that way) then make sure you don't put the deli cup with the snake on the heat mat!

Works for me.

thanks for the information. i tryed two days in a row and he did not eat so i let it sit for a week so i am feeding it two day.thnaks

If the snake hasn't eaten the food item by the next morning, then remove it and throw it away, it will go rotten if you leave it in there. If he doesn't eat it, then wait 4 days before offering another fresh defrosted food item, if it still doesn't eat, then come back and let us know, we should be able to suggest some other methods :)

If the snake hasn't eaten the food item by the next morning, then remove it and throw it away, it will go rotten if you leave it in there. If he doesn't eat it, then wait 4 days before offering another fresh defrosted food item, if it still doesn't eat, then come back and let us know, we should be able to suggest some other methods :)

ok thanks my dad said leave the pinkie in the cage for a week? i said yah right is he right?

If you leave the pink in the viv for a week, it will spoil and get VERY smelly!! If like Susielea said: If the food item isnt gone by the next morning, throw it out!

Sorry typo.
LIKE Susielea said: If the food item isnt gone by the next morning, throw it out!

Also. Please, dont freak out. It's normal for hatchlings in new enviorments to skips meals! Just leave him/her alone for a while and try again, maybe try washed with dial soap the next time?

Sorry typo.
LIKE Susielea said: If the food item isnt gone by the next morning, throw it out!

Also. Please, dont freak out. It's normal for hatchlings in new enviorments to skips meals! Just leave him/her alone for a while and try again, maybe try washed with dial soap the next time?

Yah i all ready threw it out and i am not really freaking out i just never had a snake before so im just trying my best to feed it. thanks

help with feeding

I read in a corn snake book that to help with feeding is take a knife and slice open the head squeeze it a little so that the innards come out then place it near the snake in its feeding container. The smell and liquid of the innards should entice the snake to eat. This process is called "braining" hope this helps.

I read in a corn snake book that to help with feeding is take a knife and slice open the head squeeze it a little so that the innards come out then place it near the snake in its feeding container. The smell and liquid of the innards should entice the snake to eat. This process is called "braining" hope this helps.

Heh, I hate cutting something open and seein' the flesh.
Thank god, they both eat like champ.

I had a bearded dragon, I used to feed him hoppers. Not a pretty sight and sound, it was a mess when she was eating. Ugh.
Snakes are so much cleaner than lizards.

This is a good suggestion.

I recommend that you slit it on your next feeding attempt. You will not have to squeeze it.

Do you put your snake in a separate feeding container?

Good.

Then definitely try slitting it on your next attempt. Leave it overnight and check it in the morning. I usually put the feeding container inside the viv when doing an overnight feeding. This is so the snake can't escape during the night.

Good.

Then definitely try slitting it on your next attempt. Leave it overnight and check it in the morning. I usually put the feeding container inside the viv when doing an overnight feeding. This is so the snake can't escape during the night.

ok i do put the feeding countainer in the viv so it cant ecscape and so it has the same warmth. and ill slit it to.okay
thanks

Back