• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ghost Lavenders; painful for dial-up users.

snakepimp

ACR Breeder #0169
I hatched my first clutch of F2's this year from siblings that are Anery Het-for-Lavender and Hypo and also possible het for amel. They did not prove out to both be het for amel..no big surprise.
The resultant clutch should contain;
Anery multiple poss. hets.
Ghosts
Lavender Anerythristics
Lavender Ghosts.
Here is a series of pictures that were taken before their first shed. I *think* 2 of them are triple homozygous Ghost Lavender...
One picture of each of the "more-than-anerys"
I am not sure how to identify these exactly, comments, musings, and help are appreciated

05Pgg_C1_04_1.jpg

05Pgg_C1_05_7.jpg

05Pgg_C1_06_2.jpg

05Pgg_C1_07_1.jpg

05Pgg_C1_12_2.jpg

05Pgg_C1_13_2.jpg

I have this one lone female from a cross I did several years ago.
anerylav

This is an old pic, I'll shoot an new one today.
I'm not possitive that she is anery but compared to her lone sibling (died soon after hatching) she had a much plainer, orangeless look.

I also have a few pairs of anerys het lav at a friends house (The Lazy Slither Ranch). If I remember right, they produced some anerys and some they thought looked like Ghosts. When I went to check on them, they appeared to be Lavender anerys. I'm pretty sure they held those back. Doug just bought an amazing new camera, maybe I can coax him into some new pics! ;)

Edit

The pair that produced her is a pair of Lavs I bought from Rich Z. He seems to think that they may have been from a line that he had used a Blizzard in. That could very well mean she is an anery type 'B' Lavender.

Lavender anery

Here's a picture of the lavender/Anery Male that produced the F1s from whence the F2's have sprung...and the Dam of the F1s as well, with a clutch from this year.

doug9_9_03.sized.jpg

eggs_3_9_05_4.sized.jpg

and a link to my Corn snake gallery.

Here is anery lavender (at least I think it is) in the day it was born:

hatch-ghostgl-002.jpg

It looked like ghost, but now it's coloration is much more plain:

ghost-odd-009.jpg

Clint Boyer said:
The pair that produced her is a pair of Lavs I bought from Rich Z. He seems to think that they may have been from a line that he had used a Blizzard in. That could very well mean she is an anery type 'B' Lavender.
That would make an interesting twist on things. Did this one ever develop any of those orange/pink ground colors like lavs do?

Matias said:
Here is anery lavender (at least I think it is) in the day it was born:

It looked like ghost, but now it's coloration is much more plain:

ghost-odd-009.jpg

Matias? Do you have a belly pic of that one please? I have one almost identical to that, and some confusion with it's genetic background (apparently from two normal het lavender parents, but it's definitely not pure lavender). Mine also has some fading of the dorsal patterning, and a very strange belly pattern.

Belly_and_head.JPG

side_pattern_8-5-05.JPG

68D_colouration_8-5-05.JPG

I have no photo of the belly. The belly pattern is quite irregular and does not look like the belly in your photo. Your pattern may be an indication of hidden striped gene, but not always, because I have also few corn snakes with a similiar pattern which do not carry striped.

Wow Clint, those look phenomenal. Great little project you have going! Are you selling any yet, or keeping all of the babies at this moment?

I love the looks of this one:
anerylav

Unfortunately, she is the lone offspring produced by those two parents. For some reason, they just don't produce good clutches together. The female has produced a couple of other small clutches of 5-7 but only with other males.
This female is a real slow grower, only wanting freshly killed fuzzies. Hopefully she'll be ready next year. I'll cross her with her father to try to reproduce this look.

This is what I think must be a Ghost Lavender.

Here's a pic of what I have to suppose is a ghost lavender, I have 2 females, and this one is feeding. I am excited to see how these mature. They have a distinct look from the others which look like lavenders and ghosts (probably because that's what they are)
I love the eyes.
Photo taken indoors with flash by a HP PhotoSmart 945, no white balancing or color correction at any point, it's a raw, cropped jpeg.

Ghost_Lav_ad_small.jpg

It will be fun to watch them grow.

The snake in that pic looks pretty dark for a hypo to me. Does it appear lighter then others from that clutch?

I agree that it is dark, but I guess the anery influence has something to do with that. They are much lighter than the others in the clutch, and there are a couple that look just like the Lavenders I hatched in a different "regular old lavender" clutch, some that are "grey" ghosts (pretty dark for "hypos," too), and 8 anerys.
They are pretty strange loooking, I could be wrong, but these are hugely different than the siblings. I'll try to get some more comprehensive clutch pictures, I am at work right now. I'll get some portraits of the clutch before work tomorrow.

Oh yeah, HOLY CRAP those are awesome. Those are some of the prettiest snakes ever, they look like candy. How old are they? Are those hatchling pics?

Those are '03s from Carol. They were yearlings in the first pic and here's a more recent pic of the male. He's gonna be a Daddy this year! :cheers:
hypolavindelicup

nice looking snake Clint

that is what I envisioned a ghost lavender to look like. I cant wait to see how she colors up. Please post updates. I hope all is well. Mike

Sweet.

That's what I was hoping to hear Mike.
Given how dark corns start out in general I wonder what those hypo lavs of Clint's would have looked like at less than 2 weeks old. (the age of the snake in my last pic)
I am excited to see how she turns out as well. I guess I will have to breed her back to daddy to get more, since I didn't produce a male.
I'd love to hear others chime in on what they think about this snake, I want to feel fairly certain about what it is. (although I do) I would like some community support. I had ads on that "other" site until Clint made me second guess myself, and then I deleted them, I don't want to falsely advertise that it's a Ghost Lavender, if it is not.
I wonder if Rich Z or anybody else has produced these? (Joe P.? Don S.?)

I found these pics.

This is the darker of the two, the female.
03hypolavf

And the male. I don't think they were much more then a couple moths old in these pics.
03hypolavm1

Back