• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ghost question...

Enough with the games...

I've been making a mistake for the last six years.

I'm posting this all over the net because now that I realize that I goofed I have to come clean about it. I'm just glad that I caught it before anyone else did.

My Ghost line is actually an Anery Ultramel line.

I know this now because when I bred one of my 'Ghosts' to a Butter Motley expecting phenotypical Normals and Amels, I got Amels and Ultramels instead.

I thought that I had proven that my line was Hypo A when I bred to a non related Anery het Hypo and got 'Ghosts' what I have figured out that happened is that that Anery was het Amel and what I saw was the effects of an Ultramel X Amel pairing, not a Hypo X Hypo like I thought.

The matriarch of this whole line is a snake that looks like a Hypo and I bought as a Hypo. The Patriarch is a Snow which after producing hatchlings I mistakingly believed was het Hypo. Now I know that Grandma is a straight up Ultra (Hypo type D) and what I observed was the effects of an Amel X Ultra pairing.

Over the years I have sold a LOT of these snakes as Hypos and Ghosts and I honestly thought that is what they were. For those of you that bought these snakes, I guess you got Ultramels and Anery Ultramels at reduced prices. If anyone has an issue with this, please contact me in private and I'll do what I can to make it right.

This also means that unfortunately that Coral Snow Mot from a Ghost het Amel and Motley pairing is actually just a Snow Mot from an Anery Ultramel het Motley pairing.

Big time egg on the face for that one!!!!! But it was a mistake easily made. Now I've got to correct it.

This means also that my Caramel Ghost Motley project is no more.....until I realized that the only two hatchlings from my Butter mot X Silverqueen Ghost pairing are a male and female pair......I can still do that one, just from another angle.

Now I'm thinking up what to do with a bunch of Ultramels and Amels het Caramel and Anery.

Basically, I goofed.The Ultra trait is running rampant in my collection and I have to redo a LOT of nametags and records.

Thankfully I have not sold any 'Ghosts' this season yet.

I'm really embarassed by this mistake. The only consolation I have is that I was able to identify it.

Justin Guyer

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2141912

Guy made a mistake. He owned up to it. End of story.

The ONLY issue at hand (jmho) is the community's somewhat divided stance on the history and background of the Ultra gene and those folks who may not have wanted that albatross around their neck, but unintentionally found it there...And I'd be willing to bet Mr Guyer wasn't the only one this happened to...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2141912

Guy made a mistake. He owned up to it. End of story.

The ONLY issue at hand (jmho) is the community's somewhat divided stance on the history and background of the Ultra gene and those folks who may not have wanted that albatross around their neck, but unintentionally found it there...And I'd be willing to bet Mr Guyer wasn't the only one this happened to...

That's right Chris,........one of the comments there was funny as all heck too..LOL!, .........but stuff happens. D. Soderburg, KJ Lodrigue, Rich Z, Graham Criglow, and COUNTLESS others know what you said is absolutely 100% fact, and is the way it is. It's because there are so many players in the hobby now days......simple as that.

~Doug

I, for one, absolutely love the ultra gene and think it's 100% pure corn snake origin (or as pure as it can get). I was asking who the breeder was just out of plain curiosity, not to open old wounds as I know mistakes can happen (I know I've made my share). This sentence defines my opinion on that situation: "For those of you that bought these snakes, I guess you got Ultramels and Anery Ultramels at reduced prices." He made an "Oops" and buyers benefited. They shouldn't have a problem with that unless they are one of the few still screaming "hybrid" and hate anything ultra. I would have been jumping for joy to have gotten an ultramel anery at the price of a ghost.

Back