• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got 1.2 from PJC and lovin' 'em!

Ghost Stripe (Hypo + anery + stripe) Female and male.
Female adult Amel Het proven NOT Hypo or Motley. Might be anery
I already had a Creamsicle male as a pet for a while, and now have an 8 month old Albino male, unknown het, but appears to have very bright reds and a lot of yellow/orange showing since his shed. His pattern isn't picture perfect-like some of his spots are connected (??) He was actually free from a friend of a friend.
Pics to come. I've been too busy playing with them and feeding.
The Female Amel is a character. LOVES to be held, but when she's feeding-WATCH!!! She's a hard striker and a bad aim. Strikes violently over and over. Sounds like a boxer excreting air mid punch! Hehe.
The male is shy and doesn't particularly care to do anything. And the ghost female is always curious when I come to the aquarium area. She's warming up. My original male is a big baby. In the neighborhood of 5 ft long, will eat as long as I feed him, so I'll give him 2 mice, and if one of the others refuse he will gladly eat it as well.
The Albino I got for free ate 3 pinkies in his last feeding. Gonna move up to fuzzies in a couple of months. Still have about 80 pinks left in the bulk bag I got though. Maybe I'll slip one to an adult once in a while to supplement a mouse.
It has been a rewarding hobby so far. Breeding is secondary, but I'm gonna give 'er a try just to add another aspect to it. Looks like next spring will be my first go around.

Don't know how to get my pics onto this site. Usually a 'browse' window appears. Any answers if I haven't figured it out? Hehe!

The Female Ghost is the 1st one. The others are sort of self explanitory after seeing my introduction I think. I didn't get good pics. It's night, and my basement isn't lit well enough for pics. (At least not with my expertise) :)

Attachments

• camsnakeskids 045.jpg
    camsnakeskids 045.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 115
  • camsnakeskids 047.jpg
    camsnakeskids 047.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 114
  • camsnakeskids 048.jpg
    camsnakeskids 048.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 114
  • camsnakeskids 053.jpg
    camsnakeskids 053.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 114
  • camsnakeskids 049.jpg
    camsnakeskids 049.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 115
This is my original. He has just had food yesterday. No real lights above cage except heat lamp or black light. Sorry!

Attachments

• camsnakeskids 050.jpg
    camsnakeskids 050.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 114
We need pics. It's a rule. LOL

Went down and got a few crappy ones. The Amel looks MUCH more sharp and bright in person. Just not a good light for her. The Albino is better, but the same way. I think I put 2 pics of the girl, and left the fella out. The boy Ghost, BEN, doesn't have as much yellow. Then again, it might just be showing better as it is a closer pic. lol
Anyways, 'till I get good ones that's all I have. Thanks for the replies and interest.

I just finished changing the water, it IS the female twice. Hehe. The male is stronger stipes, and only has one stripe of yellow on the throat. Much brighter, but only between the bottom 2 stripes. He is also slightly lighter. I'll get my camera out on a nice day when holiday stuff isn't going on. :)

Sorry for double posts, forgot something.... The pics are dull, but also- the Amel Female has blue eyes today. Perhaps one reason she's not as sharp. Still, the lighting is bad in that portion of the basement. Outside window, but longer distance from overhead lighting.
I just don't want to make y'all think PJ gave me some junk. It seems these are really quite healthy and decent specimens. Better than I've ever found in a pet store.
Thanks PJC! I tried to add to the 'reputation', but it's full or something. I suppose it has a limit of positives?

When they are properly settled in, perhaps you can do an outdoor photoshoot? None of my adults are so zippy that I would be afraid to do it.

Only the Ghost male, and My original would worry me. They both are fast and will hang on to anything for dear life when going back into the aquariums or even when I 1st get 'em out-they will race for the nearest exit. After 5 min they both are calm. The females ALL seem to be content to wrap around my arm/neck and just check things out. The 8 month old male (I was told male, named Wilbur-- but the rear appears very short after the vent, and thins quickly more like a female) Is content on me as well, but races for a hide if he's being pulled out of his cage.
Is that normal for a snake of 8 months? 'HE' seems to be looking for a way out of his aquarium most of the time. No matter how many hides and tunnels I provide him. Unless he has fed recently. ??

welcome.jpg

The male Ghost Stripe was produced by Nate Ellis and I got him as a hatchling.

The female Ghost Stripe is a vanishing stripe girl from SMR via Wade.

The female Amel was from PetCo and our first ever cornsnake.

Thank you Herb, I am happy you are enjoying them so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Dobe PJCRRB001 4092010 (2).JPG
    Dobe PJCRRB001 4092010 (2).JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 35
Vanishing stripes are awesome! I got one for my first ever pet snake. I wanted one with a nifty pattern and then she shed away the last third of her stripes the second day I had her. You have a nice collection going; I love the amel.

PJ's pics do 'em a lot more justice than the pics I did! Thanks for the compliment. They are getting my daughter interested as well.

I've noticed that there are a lot of girls into corn snakes. I grew up thinking that I was odd for loving serpents. Only to discover that's not so at all.

I used to think the same thing when I was in H.S. I think there are as many boys who would run screaming from a perfectly tame Snake than girls now.

Back