• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Got a new Cornsnake 45 minutes ago.

WOOO!!!! So if anybody cares, I just opened up Dolce's cage lid and stuck my hand in a moved some things around, he/she was sitting there halfway in the hide watching me, never rattled her tail, and never moved. she did happen to lick the air a few times. Super happy she is getting used to be being around and touching her stuff!!!

You think so? If I just stuck my hand near the top of the tank she would?
I noticed she is in the same position she was in last night when ?I opened the tank. she hasnt really moved at all. I think she might be coming into a shed.
Thanks again1!!

More like if you put in your hand on the left side of the tank she might come over from the other side to see what you are doing, I have some that do. Of course it depends on the character of the snake but it helps if you do it often to make her feel comfortable around your hand.

Cooly! Thank you!!!
Today I did that when she was in her hide, i touched her side with my fingertip, to which she freaked out, flipped around, came out of her hide, and got into a striking position. so I put the lid back on the cage and left her alone.
Is it good that I just put the lid backon and left her? or should I have just made her deal with me being in there? I havent changed her water since the day before yesterday, So i was going to wait until she goes back into her hide I think to change the wate.r

I usually will mess with mine until they calm down. So, in other words make them deal with me :p it probably doesn't matter either way though.

yeah, today I opened the tank and stuck my whole arm in the tank and just moved things around and then just left my arm all limp in there. no tail rattling or freaked out movements. Though she did start breathing heavily. and when i started to change the water she started moving around a whole lot and seemed a little.....upset by that. LOL

Lol, sounds normal. I think all mine start to breathe heavier when I mess with them. I just watch their heads to avoid getting bitten as best as possible haha. My new corn and my boa have a "hand= imminent danger, must attack" thought process :(

I don't think so. He just wasn't handled a whole lot (He's from a larger breeder than my other two). He's calming down really fast. I just grab them with confidence and have been able to avoid a bite in the cage from them for quite a while. The new corn is nippy with quick movements, but that's my fault. I'm so used to my other two who don't give a care in the world. Even my super tame old anery bit me once when I turned a light on suddenly and my hand was near his face. It just happens time to time. But they've got such small teeth that it won't HURT. Like, you'll feel it, but I wouldn't consider it to be painful. With lots of frequent handling (I keep mine from about 15 to 20 minutes a time right now) they'll calm down pretty quick. I can put my hand in the cage with my motely boy and he won't even move, and if he does it's a quick "investigation" of me and then it's back to chilling out.

I think there are corns like that out there but as a rule they are not considered to be a cranky snake. My 2 yr old loves being handled, and will come out to me sometimes and fight going back in.

My little guy tries to run and hide instead of fight, but I always get him in the end!! So he has to deal!!

Back