• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Happy Pippie Day!!!

daneale777

:dancer:So, I had the joy of waking up this morning, just knowing there was some action going on downstairs in the incubator. We are on day 65 of our first clutch ever. I came down to find my first ever pippie making his/her tiny way into the world. Naturally, I immediately found myself running up the stairs to wake up both my daughter and boyfriend, yelling "Happy pippie day! Happy pippie day! Come see! Hurry, hurry!"
Sorry the picture is so awful. He barely keeps his upside down nose out for very long (of course), it's pretty dark, and, naturally the first one to pip is the only one with two eggs that went bad next to it. I will be trying to hold myself back from checking every other minute all day long, but should have some better pictures later today.
Also, the good news looks to be that there is the very good possibility that the dad (an amel) is het for anery (since this baby looks to be anery so far) and since being bred to Zelda, the anery mom (het for amel) there is the decent possibility that I could hatch out snows, my favorite!! (Is that what you would call a run-on sentence, or what!)
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pippie#1 (602 x 429).jpg
    Pippie#1 (602 x 429).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 150
aww congrats hope you get some snows

Congrats! Keep us up to date with pics!

Thanks, you guys. My boyfriend asked me if it feels like Christmas morning. I said, "Are you kidding me? It feels like all my birthdays happening at the same time!" I've been trying to get pictures of Mr. (or Ms.) Peek-a-boy, but they're all turning out hideously. I think for my next viewing, I'm going to hang a lamp up over the incubator. Maybe more light, other than a flashlight will help. I'm certain I'll be taking no less than a hundred pictures of each one as they pip. I'm quite the shutter bug. You'd think I'd be able to get decent pics of anything by now, but I think I'm more used to when I used to work as a portrait photographer. This pics are turning out to be a far cry from the happy children's faces I used to shoot.:headbang:
This one's starting to get a little better (with the help of cropping).

Attachments

• Pip1closehead (738 x 527).jpg
    Pip1closehead (738 x 527).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 137
Here comes pippie #2!!

Awesome!! Congrats on them pipping! The first clutch is always the best one.

Way to go! :crazy02:

Yeah!! Congrats! I know you are so excited. Keep us posted with new pics. :)

Congrats on the pippies!!! hope you get some nice looking NORMALS ;)

Thank you everyone. And btw, (Rick) I was wrong about thinking the #1 looked like an anery. He/she is a classic and very cute! This may have to be the normal that I keep, so I too can be like Rick and say I have a normal! I would also like to announce the beginning of the arrival of pippie #2. I will TRY to stop guessing what morph they are, since apparently I'm fairly clueless. Okay, I give up. She/he looks to be either a snow (I'd like to hope) or an amel, so far.
Sorry, once again, for the picture quailty. I did hang a light over the incubator, but it's only helping a little.

Attachments

• classic#1also (467 x 334).jpg
    classic#1also (467 x 334).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Pippie#2 (638 x 456).jpg
    Pippie#2 (638 x 456).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95
  • classic#1 (674 x 482).jpg
    classic#1 (674 x 482).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 95
Very cute and #2 is an amel. :)

Thank you, Becky. I kind of figured as much after that head started looking so much darker than I originally saw. Actually, I'm just thrilled with the whole thing, and don't much care what morph we get, as long as they're healthy. The problem is going to come when I decide who I'm going to keep. I'm a sucker for corns, period. Now, when it comes to new babies,.....oh my!!

Not to be a dark cloud....but please be careful picking up the eggs like that. If you scare the baby into coming out of the egg prematurely, it can rip her yolk sac or umbilicus...and that can easily be fatal :(

Congrats on the little beauties!

Congrats on the new ones!!!!!! Can not wait to see more pictures. Is your daughter excited about the babies?

I'm so excited for you!!! I myself am now up to my eyeballs in snakes... I'm waiting for the last clutch to finish hatching and shed so I can take their pictures. They are all so dull looking so far. Congrats and keep us posted!!!!

Quick update....

So we have three fully out now; two normals and a little hateling amel (who thinks she's a big scary monster who bit my daughter this morning, while we almost died laughing!) Three more have been pipping all day (two more normals and what looks to be another amel). So, there should be three of four left to go after that.
I'm still working on getting decent pics, so please excuse this one too. Good ones should come soon.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• #1 and 2 (600 x 428).jpg
    #1 and 2 (600 x 428).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 58
Congrats!
And definitely try keep the first one out - it's a nice memento to your first success :)

That amel is gorgeous!

Back