• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

he escaped!!!!!

Look at the picture that was posted, and maybe do a search on the log's name. Like someone else said this is a very common issue with that exact item and there are multiple posts on it, I think I remember seeing one where a guy actually had pictures of him cutting it.

How do i cut it without hurting him?

Do NOT cut into any part you can't see! I doubt he is stuck (if he's even in there) and he will come out on his own. I've seen snakes get stuck in openings, but never a pocket. Anything can happen, but if he's found that sweet little honeycomb hideout up there, makes sense that would be where he's hanging out. What a horrible design for a snake log!

Ill just wait another day..if thr bottle trap on floor doesnt find him..ill put another pinky in his viv..i def dont wanna cut him by accident

I would just check the viv, and the whole room, right after dark, and very early in the morning, and hope to catch him out.

Does anyone know what company makes that snake log?

this is just a thought, I've never done it but what if you turn the log upside down and fill that hidey part with water? Would the snake eventually come out on his own to breathe? Just a thought if he is by chance still inside the log?

Also, i doubt he is still in there i banged on it and shook it a bit and not one peek or any movement. Also theres a pinky in the viv w the log amd its untouched

He probably got out while the doors were open. I'd try putting an ice pack around the top of that log. If it allows much heat transfer, he'll come out if he's in. Seriously look everywhere in your room. Especially low places. That's the worst snake log ever.

Yes, please DO NOT submerge that log in water. If anything, try Chip's idea of cold.

Water is a terrible idea. They can panic and drown.

Hes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!!!! I was up til 1am..i had a feeling i was hearing sounds..so i looked behind the couch where i put my newest bottle trap ..and it was empty!! I knew he had to be close by..looked under couch and saw him!!!!! After a few times of him jumping ayy hand..i used a paper towel roll and let him crawl in..scooped that up gently amd placed it into his viv!! Took out the log and kept towel roll instead hahahaha..i also used painters tape to seal off any gaps near the top by the wire slots...im soooooooooo happy!!!!!! Im gonna post this again in a new thread!!

hes been found!!!!!

Not going to use that light..thats just there when i was searching for him. Ill just get led lights for viewing, other than that..his lights wjll always be off. Im soo happy!!!

Attachments

• rps20120919_014011.jpg
    rps20120919_014011.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 50
  • rps20120919_014040.jpg
    rps20120919_014040.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 50
Also. thank you sooooooooooo much for all those who helped and gave ideas amd advice. Im returning that log amd informing them about it.

Congrats on finding him! yay! I did a hell of a search last night to find the manufacturer of that log, could NOT find it anywhere, if you can post who makes it, that would be appreciated!

The fake tree/log is made by "All Things Living" that is Petsmart's store brand.

Big congratulations for finding him! Glad everything had a happy ending.

Back