• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

heat source and ideas for a tank

sorry accident with post
would a 40 gallon tank with a 10 gallon attached to 1 end filled with water work as a pond/drinking water thing?

He wants to attach a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon and use the 10 gallon as a superlarge water dish.

It seems like a good idea, but wouldnt a larger body of water be more susceptable to contamination?

Well to do something like that you would then need an immense amount of bedding to make the lid of the other "tank" easily accesible, as a snake having to crawl a foot high to get a drink will be searching for their drink along the ground.
Also that seems to me to just be waste of crawling space (while a cool concept) that doesn't seem very practical.

Edit:
Also most of us use just the heat mat on one side of the tank.
I believe you would benifit from two things,at least one of these though:
Getting yourself of Kathy Love's Comprehensive corn snake manual
Reading the FAQ's located at the top of the forums.

Many of your basic questions can be answered through these means and then if you have any further questions feel free to clarify. We just don't like to see a situation where a user asks us all the questions they could easily figure out on their own.

Good luck :D

I know they don't swim, it would just be almost as deep as he is tall

I'm guessing you mean "tall" as in belly to back, or do you mean head to tail?

Your idea seems like it would work, but it would be a lot of unnecessary work. Your snake won't go in it, and you'll have a lot of water to change frequently and the extra tank to clean. they don't really need more than a bowl.

Agree with Jenn and Bruce, will add are you creating a space your snake would like or one you would like. Many newer people want the tank to be esthetically appealing to them and not very fuctional for the snake.

I meen belly to back and I'm going to see how much he likes water first and then have the small tank easily accessible so stop raining on my parade.

...um
You asked about it, we're giving you logical thought out explanations why we don't think it would be a good idea. Realize that this is a public forum and since you asked about using that as a set up we're answering it.
And the answer is it's not very practical, sorry you don't want us to disagree with you but uh...that's life :shrugs:

Back