• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Chicago Subs!

WikedL

Corn Snakes FTW!
Hello! We've had Bonnie, an albino snow corn, for a couple of years. She likes watchin TV and hangin out in my hair. I hope to learn more from the forums here.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• bonnie1b.jpg
    bonnie1b.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 78
Yo watsup? I grew up in Roselle which is next to schaumburg, but now im living in Chicago. Good to see some chi town members here.

Welcome! :)

I actually live up here by Niles, Des Plaines, Glenview area... Welcome fellow Chicago-Suburbian :rofl:
What a gorgeous girl you have there :D

Hello and welcome. I'm not from the Chicago area, though. I'm downstate quite a bit. Again, welcome.

I'm a Chicagoan.

-Wins-

Anyways, I too have a snow corn.
And I am planning on getting a ghost.

Thanks guys!

I live in Carol Stream and work in Elk Grove Village.

I've never heard of a ghost. I'll have to look that up.

My husband got Bonnie back in 2001 and he doesn't have a lot of time for her. So, I've been trying to get more involved so I don't know too much but I'm learning. I just know she is a great snake and I love answering the door with her rapped around my neck for giggles.

Just wanted to say hello to you fellow Chicagoans :cheers:

me-2.jpg

Welcome, bienvenidos & salutations...:wavey: Very sweet-looking lil'Bonnie!

I moved to Chicago in July 2002, and I lived on the northside of the city (east Rogers Park, a block from the lake!) for 5 years -- where I still teach elementary school -- and just this past summer I moved to the southside, a couple of exits north of Midway/Cicero Ave off of 55. :) From 6800 north to 4500 south...and out of the area where all of my students live, to someplace with a backyard, garage & a little more quiet! :dancer: I can't complain...:)

When I lived on the northside, by Loyola's Lakeside campus -- which I was attending for grad school -- I would drive west on Touhy all the way to Park Ridge to work (for almost 2 years)...so I really don't mind at all the drive to my school every morning, on 55 & Lake Shore Dr. Not nearly as hellacious as Touhy! :)

So, there's a wee bit o'a nutshell from my life...:)

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that my son lives in Chicago, he goes to the Institute of Art and has less than a year to go. He also works for Uptown Bikes.

I lived in Albany Park
North of Lawrence, East of Kedzie.

Supposedly has one of the best exotic vets in Chicago.

Anyoen confirm this?

Wow! There are a lot of people from Chicago around here.

Bonnie has only been to the vet once for a mite on the very end of her tail that caused the end of her tail not to shed. I just took her to the Naperville Animal Hospital because they have an exotic pet doctor and it is the sister vet of where I take my dogs. Doctor seemed to know what she was doing.

I lived in Albany Park

Anyoen confirm this?

I am not sure about the other exotic vets in Chicago, but I take my four tree frogs to Chicago Exotics in Skokie, IL. They are located inside the Animal 911 building on 3735 W. Dempster St.

Susan Horton, DVM is my frogs' vet... She is WONDERFUL with my frogs. The very first time I have noticed something wrong with one of my frogs, I tried many places, and barely any exotic places had anyone who knew much about frogs. I took Lily Bud to one place, and the vet checked her out and gave her an x-ray and said she was pretty much fine, but needed a stool sample... Then I went later on to Chicago Exotics (a lot closer to my house) and right away Dr. Horton saw that Lily Bud had an infection which she imediately knew what to do and of course later on checked out the stool sample and she alo had worms (which were taken care of (they had them when I got them) and they don't have them any more, yay!)

Anyways, Chicago Exotics is a wonderful exotics hospital, and I highly recommend them! Their website is:

http://www.exoticpetvet.com

(Oh, and they are very good at working out deals if you have multiple animals like I do (4-frogs) plus, the staff and vets are very friendly... oh, and there is always someone in that building (Chicago Exotics have the day shift and Animal 911 have the night shift, so if your pet needs to stay overnight, there is always someone ther to keep an eye on them)

OK, I'll chime in and add more info...

I live in an unicorperated area by Crestwood & Oak Forest, right on the outskirts of the woods in the Tinley Creek Division area. I've been there for about 18 years.

I work at a very large forging facility on 39th st. just south of White Sox Park where I am lead Supervisor. The company has a 5 minute video on their site showing all the fascinating things we do with steel. http://www.jernberg.com

I love to take my dog for walks in the woods!

me-3.jpg

sasha-creek.jpg

Welcome, bienvenidos & salutations...:wavey: Very sweet-looking lil'Bonnie!

I moved to Chicago in July 2002, and I lived on the northside of the city (east Rogers Park, a block from the lake!) for 5 years -- where I still teach elementary school -- and just this past summer I moved to the southside, a couple of exits north of Midway/Cicero Ave off of 55. :) From 6800 north to 4500 south...and out of the area where all of my students live, to someplace with a backyard, garage & a little more quiet! :dancer: I can't complain...:)

When I lived on the northside, by Loyola's Lakeside campus -- which I was attending for grad school -- I would drive west on Touhy all the way to Park Ridge to work (for almost 2 years)...so I really don't mind at all the drive to my school every morning, on 55 & Lake Shore Dr. Not nearly as hellacious as Touhy! :)

So, there's a wee bit o'a nutshell from my life...:)

I go to Loyola! I live on the lake shore campus too :D

I lived in Albany Park

Anyoen confirm this?

Absolutely! Dr Byron is magnificent! :)

Dr Byron de la Navarre of the Animal House of Chicago is located 2752 W Lawrence Ave, 773-878-8002 or www.animalhouseofchicago.org. Getting an appt has always been easy, and his staff is incredibly down-to-earth and very caring. Even when I saw one of his other two vets, my pets rec'd excellent care. :) He sees just about every kind of pet I could imagine, possibly aside from fish...:) Dr Byron has treated my leopard gecko, Flaca, and my bearded dragon, Jolie, and I got a recommendation for him from a friend, who had taken in her ball python & corn snake to him, as well. :)

I go to Loyola! I live on the lake shore campus too :D

If you ever decide -- or if any of your friends or enemies decide -- to move out into the neighborhood apt buildings, *don't* move into The Seville (1263 W Pratt Blvd) because I'm now suing them. :) Bad, bad, naughty landlords. ;)

Welcome to the community. I love hearing from Chicago area people. It's cool to be able to share a passion with like minded folks. I live in Naperville and work at a family owned pet store (20 years and running!) The snow is beautiful, a lovely pink. Just the way I like them! I have a couple in my collection as well. If you get a chance you should come out to the Wheaton show and take a look around. If you do, please stop by my table and say hello. I'd be delighted to meet you and, of course, talk snakes lol. If you would like I have a pretty 19 month old ghost you could see when you are there. For what ever reason, I bring him to every show and he just hasn't sold yet! I love the look of ghosts but they don't seem to be that popular at the shows. I guess I always gravitate to the underdogs, my luck<:
Good to meet you! I hope to see you around.
Terri

Back