• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Chicago Subs!

Welcome to the community. I love hearing from Chicago area people. It's cool to be able to share a passion with like minded folks. I live in Naperville and work at a family owned pet store (20 years and running!) The snow is beautiful, a lovely pink. Just the way I like them! I have a couple in my collection as well. If you get a chance you should come out to the Wheaton show and take a look around. If you do, please stop by my table and say hello. I'd be delighted to meet you and, of course, talk snakes lol. If you would like I have a pretty 19 month old ghost you could see when you are there. For what ever reason, I bring him to every show and he just hasn't sold yet! I love the look of ghosts but they don't seem to be that popular at the shows. I guess I always gravitate to the underdogs, my luck<:
Good to meet you! I hope to see you around.
Terri

Bleh, I am goign next week in hopes of finding one. Now you tell me they are hard to find...
Oh well, I will get a scorpion if all else fails.

f you get a chance you should come out to the Wheaton show and take a look around. If you do, please stop by my table and say hello. I'd be delighted to meet you and, of course, talk snakes lol. If you would like I have a pretty 19 month old ghost you could see when you are there. For what ever reason, I bring him to every show and he just hasn't sold yet! I love the look of ghosts but they don't seem to be that popular at the shows. I guess I always gravitate to the underdogs, my luck<:
Terri

WikedL, if you haven't been to the expo -- www.allanimalexpo.com -- in Wheaton yet, you *must* go. It is a haven for all things reptilian, with lots of other species thrown in there, too. :) I buy just about all of my supplies there, too, because I always come away saving money (including gas to get there & the $5 entrance fee!). For me, it's now gotten to the point where I walk in, get what I need & try to get out *fast* because otherwise, well...you know, old temptation arises...! I have had quite a few great conversations there, too, and I *always* come away having learned something new...you will not be disappointed by Terri's snakes, either! :)

Bleh, I am goign next week in hopes of finding one. Now you tell me they are hard to find...
Oh well, I will get a scorpion if all else fails.

Well, why not ask Terri if she could put a hold on her lovely ghost for you? :)

Terri is Crackerhead who has that 19month old Ghost for sale and goes almost always to the Wheaton expo ;)

All I can hear in my head right now is the stupid song from "Pee Wee's Playhouse", "Connect the dots, la la la, connect the dots, la la la..." ;)

Just kidding...:) Aztek, you want a ghost, Terri has a ghost...sounds like a match made in heaven to me! :cheers:

Score.
INVISIBLE

Make sure that you post photos when you get your new darling! :)

I went to the expo last weekend, so I have no reason to go to the next show (I try to make it once a month, at most...) because I'm all caught up with supplies & such, otherwise I'd go take a "ooh! aah!" look at Terri's ghostie...:) I try not to look at what I can't buy...:p

Make sure that you post photos when you get your new darling! :)

I went to the expo last weekend, so I have no reason to go to the next show (I try to make it once a month, at most...) because I'm all caught up with supplies & such, otherwise I'd go take a "ooh! aah!" look at Terri's ghostie...:) I try not to look at what I can't buy...:p

I went to last week's too.

After this one I think I won't go till like April probably.

-Waits for reply to PM-

Welcome to the community. I love hearing from Chicago area people. It's cool to be able to share a passion with like minded folks. I live in Naperville and work at a family owned pet store (20 years and running!) The snow is beautiful, a lovely pink. Just the way I like them! I have a couple in my collection as well. If you get a chance you should come out to the Wheaton show and take a look around. If you do, please stop by my table and say hello. I'd be delighted to meet you and, of course, talk snakes lol. If you would like I have a pretty 19 month old ghost you could see when you are there. For what ever reason, I bring him to every show and he just hasn't sold yet! I love the look of ghosts but they don't seem to be that popular at the shows. I guess I always gravitate to the underdogs, my luck<:
Terri
Thanks! I used to go to a swap meet that was in Streamwood but I haven't been in a few years. I will definatly have to check out the one in Wheaton. My husband and I might stop by on the 17th. I would like to find cheaper mice. What is your vendor name Terri?

How perfectly rude of me, too! :p I neglected to point out that Chicago has a wonderful & active herpetological society -- and my favorite event of theirs is upcoming: ReptileFest! http://reptilefest.com/ In fact, here's the link to my first time attending -- and volunteering*! -- at ReptileFest last spring...:) I think that you have to be a member to exhibit, but everyone in the world is welcome to attend...:) Be sure to mark your calendars! :)

*My boyfriend and I were in charge of the corn snake tree exhibit...we had all kinds of kids -- young & old! -- holding corns (some mine, some not mine) that day...it was exhausting, but a lot of fun. :)

Terri

Didn't I meet you at the Lake County Show about 4 months ago? You had a tank full of corn hatchlings that were real nice looking if I remember correctly. We talked about corns for a bit...anyways, it was nice meeting you, whether or not you remember me (or maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else) :)

Back