• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Hamilton, ON, Canada

Today we went to the Toronto Pet Expo, and hame home with this little guy: Olaf. Since we moved Elsa in a 40gal tank, I kept thinking about how to best use the 20gal tank ... and a western hognose just seems perfect for that little viv. So we brought him home and he hisses at all of us if we get near his tupperware ... lol
He was quite calm when we handled him - the pic shows him in my daughter's hands. I think we have a long road to taming him, but he's cute, nevertheless.
picture.php

Beautiful little snake! I don't know too much about these guys, except they can't bite you (easily) and like to play dead. I think most hog noses rear up and play cobra also, when threatened. Hope he settles down with you!

This little guy has no issues whatsoever - he's blue but took to this mouse without hesitation. The breeder told me that I should try feeding him, even in blue, and here he is ... chomping down his first pinkie, butt first ...

picture.php

Oh, thanks for the replies. Both our snakes are in the blue now.

Now I say that Elsa is a lady, she is the gentlest snake one can have. She's now hit the 1.5 year mark and 200g and she's a beauty. I love her - she has helped me tremendously with overcoming my phobia. And then this little guy is her opposite - a little larger than a worm but full of temperament and theatrical moves. But we find him amusing and I'm glad that my husband took well to him (we showed up with Olaf yesterday ...).

Never in my life would I have thought of becoming a snake owner ...

Back