• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from New Hampshire

Cody

Don't trend on me...
Hello, I'm 13, and I'm getting a corn snake this weekend, an almistic one. I'm buying it as a baby, and I already have expereince with snakes, because I had another snake named Troy, for around 6 mounths, then, because of one of my relitives, he escaped. I looked for him but couldn't find him. He's been gone for around 7 months. I'm eager to meet new freind so just add me to ur freinds list if u want a freind.

Hey Cody and Welcome to the Forums!!! Good luck with your new snake!

If you want, you can take pictures when you get him and post them in the photo gallery!

Hello, I'm 13, and I'm getting a corn snake this weekend, an almistic one. I'm buying it as a baby, and I already have expereince with snakes, because I had another snake named Troy, for around 6 mounths, then, because of one of my relitives, he escaped. I looked for him but couldn't find him. He's been gone for around 7 months. I'm eager to meet new freind so just add me to ur freinds list if u want a freind.
Welcome!!!
I've been there, I lost my first snake too... you gotta move on though. Make sure to post pictures when you get the snake. :)

I have a question, I have the tank of my old snake in my room, it hasn't been cleaned since he ran away... He/she has all the stuff he/she needs in there, but Should I clean the tank before I get the new snake because of Bacteria. And doese Juneo pronoced Jew-no- sound like a cool name for him or her? I miss my Old snake :(, but I've moved on. I remember taking baths with him, and watching him eat, and watching him crawl around on the carpet and outside on brances...

Yes, you should clean out the old tank so that your new snake doesn't contract any diseases/illness your other one may have been carrying. sounds like a good name to me :)

I'm getting my Corn Snake today!!!!! At petco, I"m bying him/her a heater I already have 1 but it's dinky so I'm byin another 1, so there will be 2. I've already cleaned the tank, and I can't wait to get the snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My avatar shose my new Corn Snake... Isn't he cute? He's a carmel Corn Snake, the petco was all out of Alministic ones, so I got the Cute Carmel.

Do u think an 14x8 inch tank is big enough for him, he's about 10 inches long?

The tank has a Heating pad, reptile wood chips, a Hide, a branch, a water dish, and an old vertibrate I found in the woods, is this enough for my snake? I have heard that some Cornsnakes eat anoles and geckos, Would it be safe I feed Anoles? :dunce:

May Some1 pleze answer my question on Page 2, I wanno know if I'm doin things right!!!

Hi, Cody. Posting your question in the "Husbandry and special care" forum will get better results than attaching it to this thread. I think that tank is fine for a while, but I got my snake when she was about 4.5 feet so I have no firsthand knowledge.

Hi cody, as Alan said you may get a quicker response if you post your questons in the revelent threads. To try to anserer you questions, your viv size seems fine. You might want to try aspen instead of repti bark. Id give the vertebrate a miss, you dont know how it died. And most corn snake keepers feed there snakes mice, or rats.

Alright, next time I will post my fourm in the appropreit fourm, thank you for your post u people.

Oh, you got yours from Petco too? I'm happy with mine from there, we have a GREAT reptuikle guy a my store, 30+ years experience with about every possible reptile. Good luck with him, he's beautiful. I don't like most of the morphs, my Kaa is a normal, but that carmel is beautiful. Did they kno if it was a boy or a girl? They think is a girl because of her long thin tail.

Mines a female named Juneo, Pronounced 'Jew-no'. Most male snakes have long, meduaim sized tails, because they need more room to store there reproductive equimpent, Females are much shorter than males, for an obvious reason. If it's long and the snake's tail doesen't tapper off quickly, it's most likely a \male, however the younger the snake, the less acurate this is. If it's very quick of taper, it's probably a female. There are other ways of sexing you could find online, I don't like the morphs, except the normal, almeanistic, and Carmel.

hey cody,
i just bought two new baby corns two days ago, and currently i have them in a 12 in x 7 in tank, and they are fine. i have a hide, water dish, and a heat pad. i would stay away from the vertebrae. it might have bacteria or something that might kill juneo. i fed both of mine 2 days ago and used the smallest pinkie mice i could find.

Back