• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from New Hampshire

Kaa's tail is very long and thin compared to the rest of him/her. They said it as probably a girl because of this, but the guy who told probably thinks he knows more than he does, so I'm going to look into it. I hope it's a boy, Kaa is really more of a boy's name. (The snake from the Jungle Book, who was a boy)

hey cody,
i just bought two new baby corns two days ago, and currently i have them in a 12 in x 7 in tank, and they are fine. i have a hide, water dish, and a heat pad. i would stay away from the vertebrae. it might have bacteria or something that might kill juneo. i fed both of mine 2 days ago and used the smallest pinkie mice i could find.

:nope: :nope: :uhoh:

The tank has a Heating pad, reptile wood chips, a Hide, a branch, a water dish, and an old vertibrate I found in the woods, is this enough for my snake? I have heard that some Cornsnakes eat anoles and geckos, Would it be safe I feed Anoles? :dunce:

Hello fellow live free or die'er

1. What do you mean by heat pad? You mean something you are putting outside under the tank and not those rocks they sell at Petco correct. If its the rock, get rid of that.
2. Get rid of the reptile wood chips and use aspen, or paper towels without print.
3. I would buy frozen mice at your Petco, and not feed Anoles and esp. not Geckos.
4. Do not listen to anything tstephe3 has to say

Good luck smiley face

i read what he said again and from what i understood, i thought he meant the 14x8 tank for a temporary tank. for i have my snakes in the 12x7 for a temporary tank. as soon as i get a bigger tank for my older snake they will be in a bigger tank. sorry for the confusion.

i read what he said again and from what i understood, i thought he meant the 14x8 tank for a temporary tank. for i have my snakes in the 12x7 for a temporary tank. as soon as i get a bigger tank for my older snake they will be in a bigger tank. sorry for the confusion.

Corns are solitary animals, and unless you have the experience to attempt it, keeping more than one corn per enclosure is discouraged. Do a search on "cohabitation" for more opinions. You'll find that only the most clueless of novices will recommend it for those who have little experience keeping the species (and why would you listen to them anyway?).

i have done some research about it. i am not necessarily a novice. on the board i am. but i have had a corn for over a year now and had a fascination with them since i was about 12. i wasnt recommending that he put two snakes together, i was just informing him that i actually had a smaller tank then he has, so juneo should be okay for the time being.

here is a better explanation cody,
you should invest in a bigger tank. if you would like to get a 10 gallon tank, that would work for juneo up until he is about 1 year old. then you should jump up to a 20 gallon tank. when he gets long enough to almost stretch out throughout the entire tank is when you should get a bigger tank. the smallest tank you should ever have for an adult corn snake is a 29 gallon tank.

i do know a little bit about this stuff and i was just trying to help the kid out because he seemed kinda frantic about getting answers.

i have done some research about it. i am not necessarily a novice. on the board i am. but i have had a corn for over a year now and had a fascination with them since i was about 12. i wasnt recommending that he put two snakes together, i was just informing him that i actually had a smaller tank then he has, so juneo should be okay for the time being.

here is a better explanation cody,
you should invest in a bigger tank. if you would like to get a 10 gallon tank, that would work for juneo up until he is about 1 year old. then you should jump up to a 20 gallon tank. when he gets long enough to almost stretch out throughout the entire tank is when you should get a bigger tank. the smallest tank you should ever have for an adult corn snake is a 29 gallon tank.

i do know a little bit about this stuff and i was just trying to help the kid out because he seemed kinda frantic about getting answers.

If you have done all this research, you would think more about co-habing. As for helpig this person, most breeders recommend a 20L for adult corns, bigger if you have the space, but not necessary.

ok sorry i was a little off on one fact. but im not going to get into the co-habbing.. because i know there will be tons of people jumping in. its been done and people do it. if you dont have a problem why stop.

anyway thats all im sayin. im new dont want everyone to hate me so have a good night.

Yep. Same with heroin or drinking and driving.

:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

So true!

I look at it like this... Yes, co-habbing can be done. Sure. But anyone who does co-hab and doesn't at least acknowledge that they are adding not just one, but several elements of risk is either flat out irresponsible or a fool. You've got multiple animals that are SOLELY dependent upon you for their care and well being. My snakes are more than house ornaments or playthings to be replaced if I carelessly break them. Any animal I bring into my home, even feeder mice (until I feed them to someone), get the best care I can give them, or I wouldn't bring them in in the first place.

"They like each other. See them snuggle?" "I don't have the room/money for two setups." "It looks nicer with two in there." All cop-outs.

:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

So true!

I look at it like this... Yes, co-habbing can be done. Sure. But anyone who does co-hab and doesn't at least acknowledge that they are adding not just one, but several elements of risk is either flat out irresponsible or a fool. You've got multiple animals that are SOLELY dependent upon you for their care and well being. My snakes are more than house ornaments or playthings to be replaced if I carelessly break them. Any animal I bring into my home, even feeder mice (until I feed them to someone), get the best care I can give them, or I wouldn't bring them in in the first place.

"They like each other. See them snuggle?" "I don't have the room/money for two setups." "It looks nicer with two in there." All cop-outs.

Couldn't rep you for this post (For some reason everytime i try to rep someone it says i have to spread some reputation points around!) but very well said, Bruce.

I would never co-hab a snake, Purely because i believe whilst they're in my care i should do everything i can to minimise the risk to them. If it means i have to fork out another £100 on equipment before i can get another snake, So be it... If you didn't have the space/equipment to house the snakes carefully and properly before buying them - Why buy them in the first place?.

Hi Kev, Glad there's finally someone who lives in my state that I know... and Tsphree I have my snake in a 15 gallon tank.

hey cody,
yeah the 15 gallon tank will work for awhile now. it will prolly take him a good year or so to outgrow that tank.

Back