• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help bloodred striped or not, ruby freckled or not

erwin

http://forum.dierenparadijs.be/inde...showtopic=26564

In this link you can examine my animals once.
Now my question was: the animal on photograph 9 is this ruby freckled?
And question 2: or the animal on photograph 11 bloodred striped are not or? Photograph 12 is of its abdomen.
In advance thanks for your responses.
Greets Erwin of Belgium.
And sorry for my English

Which colour think do you then that it is?
Bloodred or still something else.
Thanks you for the compliments for the butter motley.
Next year wants butter motley pair with those bloodred line to look at once what of will there come. I hope on sulfur.
Gr Erwin

Sorry for my English, use a translation programme.
Hope that the photograph stands up there now.

Attachments

• post-2854-1119025060_thumb.jpg
    post-2854-1119025060_thumb.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 151
The snow with the red dots: it may or may not be heritable. The ruby-freckled line here was never able to produce more of the same, even when two "ruby-freckled snows" were bred to each other. You'll need two generations of offspring to try to prove or disprove it. :)

The striped corn: I don't see any reason to believe that it's a bloodred. I'm not sure why anyone is saying it is... :shrugs:

I only say its a bloodred only because of the belly pic that he posted in the other forum.

post-2854-1119025119_thumb.jpg

DdotSpot said:
Okie Dokie :shrugs: Your the master! :D If you say its not a bloodred, I will side with you then.
Eww, no, it's an objective thing... it is what it is, doesn't matter what you or I think. These aren't ball pythons or beardies. ;)

Serpwidgets said:
Eww, no, it's an objective thing... it is what it is, doesn't matter what you or I think. These aren't ball pythons or beardies. ;)

Ok, so we'll both agree its a Corn?

If I understand it well it is hypo amel.
Or still something else?
Next year i wants pair him with my butter motley woman. :cheers:

At these I want indicate you that it is almost with 100% certainly bloodred. He has, as it happens, BLACK eyes.
This is not possible therefore at amel.
Those striped are I not yet certainly of are still a doubt case the future it will expel.
Gr Erwin

To me, it looks like a Striped Hypo. :shrugs:

Looks way to normal orangish to be a bloodred. But again, the only way to be certain is through breeding trials.

Just wondering about something here. Can you really have a striped bloodred, as both are pattern mutations? I know you can have stripe/motley combo, but if I've been reading correct, the same gene is responsible for stripe and motley, so stripe/motley is just a way of being a little more descriptive about the look. Still just a single pattern mutation though, technically, right? Or is this just asking about bloodred as far as coloring, and not the diffused pattern? And I'll end by saying, excuse me if I'm totally out of whack with my thinking on this. Never been a big biology/genetics fan, but now wishing I'd have paid more attention in college :crazy02: Suppose I should give in and get a book, eh? lol

erwin said:
At these I want indicate you that it is almost with 100% certainly bloodred. He has, as it happens, BLACK eyes.
This is not possible therefore at amel.
Those striped are I not yet certainly of are still a doubt case the future it will expel.
Gr Erwin
And so Europe continues to just call every and any motley or striped corn a "bloodred." :rolleyes:

Yes but PROVING its a bloodred or just a motley/stripe takes too much work. Its easier to just infer from looking at it...dontchaknow.

I personally see no characteristics to make me think its a bloodred. If it is, its not a very good represenative, a very low quality blood.

Bloodreds are so new and unknown right now the only way to tell would be test breedings. One can't with 100% certainty looking at it be able to say 'Yup, its a bloodred alright' and list off the qualities that make it a bloodred.

I've got a motley that's got one hell of a red infusion.
Hecate5603.JPG

Do I call her a blood mot? Nope. Just a motley with a lot of red. I may test her out with my bloodred later on to check the theory out or to see the awesome babies that could result.

But unless you know the parents it came from, you cannot theorize through conjecture that it's a bloodred. Simple. Until you can SHOW the burden of proof, its a stripe of some sort and you leave it at that.

Lets also remember that there are some people who still refer to bloodred as a selectively bred trait instead of the actual "diffuse" gene. I'm sure thats where it may be coming from. I'm not sure where the whole "amel...black eyes" thing came from.

Back