• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP i have a poopoo problem!

Okay, I might be stepping out on a limb here, but that's one BIG snake. I'd love to see a photo from above as well, but I think your kiddo' is a bit overweight. If that's true, it's not a healthy thing and it mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee why it's lethargic. I bet if you feed it less (like once every 2-3 weeks) it will start to slim down, get all that backed up food moving out and be more energetic.

I hope you get to the Vet soon and have a well check. It's always good to know.

Mmm, she is a bit on the ..."ample" side! I think she could easily stand going down to one mouse every 14 days. Perhaps longer.

My eldest snake is a good size and not overweight. But if I let her I think she would start to get chunky. She doesn't move around her viv much and so if I do not handle her she can go two weeks or so without pooping. But as soon as I get her out and warmed up she will poop. I know that if my snake hasn't pooped yet that they will do it on me because of the moving around and being warmed up. I just watch the snake until I see her freeze and lift her tail. Then it's a dash for paper or the trash can.

You have nothing to worry about. It's completely normal.

he isnt nearly that size anymore. it was starved for a few months before i got it so its slimmed down to a healthy size now. there isnt any significant space between scales or anything. also for those who suggested a larger viv to help with the poo problem, i went out and bought a 50 gallon breeder tank (short & wide) today. if anyone is looking for a tank there is a sale going on right now at PETCO. $1 per gallon sale until the 18th or 19th i believe. so i got his new pad for 50 bucks! i cant wait to get his tank set up and relish in the fact that my pet is happier =]

Back