• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help Me Please!

I had pictures of her when she was only 2 years old and a little smaller, I'll look to see if there are any that I still have then I'll post the new ones when I take them.

[Bad.Luck.Bear] said:
Hehehe Thank you, I'll try that, I'm sure Dallas (which is where I live) will have at least one.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I've been worried since the first refusal but I noticed its eyes which said it was going to shed and sure enough it did, but I waited a week and now it just wont eat.
guessing that Poppy is a male, how long should I wait before offering it food again?
I think I've actually been over feeding it if your only suppose to feed them every 2-3 weeks.

if your only feeding every 2-3 weeks then your by no means over feeding it, i currently have two corns but i have owned many types of snakes ranging from pythons to some venomous species, and i have always fed every 5-7 days, i like to know that my pets are full. i feed my corns a fuzzy and a large pinky about every five days or sometimes three or four and i have never had a regurge ( on any species for that matter ). i would definately be feeding around 5-7 days, and frozen is so much better, i go to a reptile show and buy around 50 frozen mice for like $18 as to like $2.12 a piece when i bought from a pet store and there are alot of online options for buying f/t mice an rats. trust me i had a ball python that refused to eat one of its live mice and by the time i got it out the damage had been done, it left my snake with some nasty bites that leave some ugly scars.

Hello =) In terms of feeding, I know a lot of people here follow Dean's Plan also seen as the "Munson Plan" of feeding, I find it really useful since my snake is still on single pinks I would not have known to do any different than once a week for her. :rolleyes:

CORN SNAKE FEEDING CHART:

-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 4-5 days. (Snake = 4-15g)

-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 4-5 days. (Snake = 16-23g)

-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 24-30g)

-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 30-50g)

-Hoppers (9-12g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 51-90g)

-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)

-Adult (24-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+)

-Jumbo Adults (40-50g) every 7-x days (Snake = 400g +)

I have switched to F/T mice because I really love my snake too much to have anything happen to her. And also making a trip every 5 days to the Vivarium is less than fun =)

Good Luck!

[Bad.Luck.Bear] said:
I had pictures of her when she was only 2 years old and a little smaller, I'll look to see if there are any that I still have then I'll post the new ones when I take them.

If feed correctly your snake would have been a beast by two years! Hehe. I met a girl over the weekend who was told to feed her snake every 2-3 weeks. I was UPSET when I found that out, told her to come to this site and to feed every 5-7. Her snake was born in June 06', mine was Nov 06' and my Nibbs is 2-3 times the size of her snake! (Maybe I just have a snake that is going to be a monster when he gets older....GREAT SUCCESS!!!) :crazy02:

Hey I live in the dallas area also. here's a list of herp vets i plan on checking out for my lovely corn and my turtles.

Michael W. McGuire, DVM
Carrollton Animal Hospital
1903 North Josey Lane
Carrollton, TX 75006
Tel: (972) 242-7606
Fax: (972) 242-7608

Duane P. Maxwell
Trinity Pet Hospital
2523 Josey Ln.
Carrollton, TX 75007
Tel: (972) 245-3596

Jennifer F. Garretson DVM
Frankford Crest Animal Hospital
6911 Frankford Rd #600
Dallas, TX 75252

i'm in carrollton so if those vets are to far check out this site we have a hand full of vets to choose in dallas.

http://www.herpkingdom.com/vets/TX.html :wavey:

kentuckycorns said:
if your only feeding every 2-3 weeks then your by no means over feeding it, i currently have two corns but i have owned many types of snakes ranging from pythons to some venomous species, and i have always fed every 5-7 days, i like to know that my pets are full. i feed my corns a fuzzy and a large pinky about every five days or sometimes three or four and i have never had a regurge ( on any species for that matter ). i would definately be feeding around 5-7 days, and frozen is so much better, i go to a reptile show and buy around 50 frozen mice for like $18 as to like $2.12 a piece when i bought from a pet store and there are alot of online options for buying f/t mice an rats. trust me i had a ball python that refused to eat one of its live mice and by the time i got it out the damage had been done, it left my snake with some nasty bites that leave some ugly scars.
thank you but I was actually saying I feed my snake every 7-14 days and thought I over fed her because if it is a she, shes a beast.
she was about 3 feet when I first got her and she was pretty skinny, now shes grown a little over 3 feet and has become much much thicker.

Cuddles said:
If feed correctly your snake would have been a beast by two years! Hehe. I met a girl over the weekend who was told to feed her snake every 2-3 weeks. I was UPSET when I found that out, told her to come to this site and to feed every 5-7. Her snake was born in June 06', mine was Nov 06' and my Nibbs is 2-3 times the size of her snake! (Maybe I just have a snake that is going to be a monster when he gets older....GREAT SUCCESS!!!) :crazy02:
lol well as I just posted, she has become pretty big.

Also, How long should I wait to offer my snake food again?
I don't want to starve her/him if it really is a boy and he's looking for a mate then how long will it take before its hungry again?
I still believe its a female though, how could a pet store get it wrong?
The people they buy them from check them and then the pet store I go to has its own vet which checks them also.
Though many it is a honest mistake, She is pretty big.

Picture!

friends197.jpg

Back