• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with a kiddo here?

evergreencorns

Hissypants
I was told this guy was a Ghost when I bought him, but I disagree. He doesn't have that "faded" look that ghosts have.

Any ideas?
He's a super sweet boy, and I'd like to know what he is.
I'm still learning all the corn morphs.

All responses much appreciated, haha. :D

Attachments

• DSCN0508.JPG
    DSCN0508.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 168
that's about as good of a picture as I can get of him. He will not sit still. I've tried every trick in the book for him.

Depending on who you bought it from, if it was someone reputable, it probably IS a Ghost as they said. Something about Corn morphs is that there is some variance. With you being new to corn morphs as you said, then I'd trust the person you purchased him from.

As previously mentioned, it's not that the photo is to blurry, the problem is that the white balance is off. This distorts true colors and makes it hard to make out what morph is pictured.

Flash alters things a bit too, but it is a good tool for taking photos of snakes (especially if you're indoors and don't have another light source set up). Also, even if it's blurry the colors of the snake will be much more clear, allowing us to make a better assessment.

Also already mentioned, Ghosts have a HUGE range of variety. Not all of them have "faded" markings. Also, Corns drastically change colors as they mature. A baby picture can sometimes be crucial in telling the different between a light Anery and a dark Ghost, ect.. but it's not always necessary.

If there's still confusion after the better picture is posted, only breeding trials will say.

Flash away!

Haha, I did use the flash on that picture, actually.
The pictures without the flash are worse.

Here's another;

Attachments

• DSCN0332.JPG
    DSCN0332.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 113
That makes him look more like an anery, but there are some dark ghosts. I'm leaning towards anery. Was he purchased from a reputable breeder?

And she got him from Petco, so yeah. Who knows. Like I said, I don't think I'll breed him unless it's to a normal at this point.

i'm leaning toward anery, ONLY because of where the snake originated from - PETCO. i sold a few corns to a wholesaler last year and a few weeks after shipping out the snakes what do i see?

our EXACT snakes on their website listed as CHARCOALS, and they were sold as Anery A 50% het. Amel. i taped the feeding and shedding records of each and every snake to the tops of their lids, so there's no way it was just a mix up.

wholesalers just label the snakes as whatever the heck they want, because most of the time nobody will ever know the difference.

HOWEVER, of course it's possible that is is in fact a Ghost but as others have said breeding trials are really all you can do.

Well, without a doubt in my mind I found a ghost at petco, I can show pics of her up here, she's definitely a ghostie, so it's possible.

I also found my sunglow there, and my diffused stripe that unfortunately passed away due to being a non-feeder, that they didn't disclose to me until AFTER i brought him back, and wouldn't refund my money because he was two days after their 14 day period. Grr.

I ended up with a vanishing stripe anery from petco. Did not even know patterns could vanished until she shed off half her stripe.

I've seen caramels at a local Petco. It's possible he's a ghost. My money is still on anery. Breeding trials would clench it.

Back