• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Herpin day two... (Murphy's Law steps in)

Dang, I walk around work here and all I ever come across are yearling yellow rats, black racers, racoons, and there is a pair of Sand Hill Cranes with a tall fluffy baby...

I noticed that you tend to be hitting the WMA'a lately for your Field herpin. I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that spring turkey season is in full swing. Turkey hunters are not required to wear orange and are well hidden in there camo.

Yall please be carefull out there, i don't want to read about a trip where someone took some turkey shot out Field herpin.

My suggestions are wear hunter orange vest, Visit http://myfwc.com/hunting/
For maps of WMA's in Florida as well as printable brochures showing the rules, regs, and hunting seasons. If you your not in FL you should be able to find all this info by checking your states DNR or Fish & Game website, as well as website,s for the National forests.

Speaking of turkeys, I just walked way, way out into my back field to see what the crows were having a fit about. I couldn't see, but the next field over had a wild turkey walking around! Never seen one here before. How cool. I've seen a lot lately.

Nanci

I don't know a great deal...

about turkeys but one of the construction sites I'm on has a ton of turkey on them. Every morning at ten A.M. a large male comes out with six females and they graze for a bit then head back in to a cypress stand. Cool to watch. :cool:

Cflaguy said:
about turkeys but one of the construction sites I'm on has a ton of turkey on them. Every morning at ten A.M. a large male comes out with six females and they graze for a bit then head back in to a cypress stand. Cool to watch. :cool:
Mmmmmm, turkey..... saw some at the grocery store yesterday.... :grin01:

We're lucky the ED....

Nanci said:
That would be so cool to have an actual herping field trip...

Pygmy Rattlers inflict 50% of the venomous bites in Florida!

(I learned from my new Venomous Snakes of the Southeast book that arrived yesterday...)

Nanci
doesn't have the attitude of the Pygmy. Never met a Pygmy who didn't want to ruin my day.

Joe how do you see turkey in store...through the baggies.

Cflaguy said:
Chris after we move I say we go ahead and plan a trip while road cruisin and herpin are still good and it is still somewhat cool; good for early evening or morning herpin.

Sounds good to me...just need to get some time off work first!

Moving this weekend...

Some friends of mine are thinking about the following weekend. Short notice I know but if ya can't make it, we'll still try to go before the end of April.
Tonight we found a Glass Lizard.

Cflaguy said:
Some friends of mine are thinking about the following weekend. Short notice I know but if ya can't make it, we'll still try to go before the end of April.
Tonight we found a Glass Lizard.

Next weekend I work...the following weekend I have sunday off.

Back