• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hey guys..I'm a first time snake owner!

I probably will end up with a bigger one. I'm going to the Louisiana Reptile and Exotic Animal Expo on Nov. 15th. I can't imagine going and not getting something! :p

Welcome to the addiction. :D It's a long slippery slope... I've been keeping for about 2.5 years and am up to 24 snakes. Granted, I've got plenty more coming soon. I'm trying to average out to one per month. LOL.

Yeah, I definately caught the bug, no doubt about it. I may manage to hold off on getting anything for a while. After all, I still have a great deal to learn!

LOL... Isn't it funny how that empty space we find ALWAYS gets filled with something new??? LOL!

Congrats and WELCOME! Your corns are beautiful!

Where in the world do you put all these snakes? I've seen racks and such but the bins look kinda small for a full grown snake. How do you keep it heated properly? My noobness is totally shining through right now! :D

Where in the world do you put all these snakes? I've seen racks and such but the bins look kinda small for a full grown snake. How do you keep it heated properly? My noobness is totally shining through right now! :D

It's all good. Most racks if ordered through a company such as Animal Plastics are the perfect size for a full grown snake, and many come with heating systems built in. As it stands right now, I've got 12 snakes in tanks, and the other 12 in tubs. However, I will be moving to a rack system shortly which I hope to move several of my viv inhabitants into larger tubs. As far as my heating goes, I live in Florida, and my snake room stays at 85 degrees. It's started to cool down, only hitting 80 during the day, but that's actually perfect because it's almost time to put them down for brumation (pre-breeding season hibernation. 60 degrees for 60 days).

Ohh, I see. If I buy a house, I'm gonna have a whole room like that! Sadly, I had to move back in with my parents to have yet another surgery. I can't wait to get back out!

Ohh, I see. If I buy a house, I'm gonna have a whole room like that! Sadly, I had to move back in with my parents to have yet another surgery. I can't wait to get back out!

I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment with my partner and 27 snakes that were spread throughout the bedroom, kitchen, living room, and bathroom. Every room in the apartment had at least one snake in it. LOL. Now, I've got a whole room just for them. And it's not big enough... LOL

Well thats awesome that you could share it like that. I'm learning just how many people have an aversion to snakes. It really is sad.

I think it's sad that people are afraid of snakes. A lot of innocent snakes are killed every year by someone's ignorance. Nuff said...

Oops, misunderstood your post. I know what you mean. It seems that fear and ignorance stop people from opening their eyes to different things.

Back