• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

High hide ideas?

How about a small watering can? Needs to be modified so you can get the snake out if needed, but the shape and price are about right :)

Watering-can.jpg

i'm intrigued by the watering can idea. how would you modify it though? if it were meant to rest on the tank floor i could see just cutting out its bottom. i guess as a high hide you would cut a window in the back?

I found a floating basking rock using in aquatic terrariums for turtles that worked great in my tank. I have mine suction cupped to the back of my tank and then also resting against a log for extra support for when my snake gets larger and it creates a nice ledge that can be perched on. I just had to edit how I had it set up because it's made to slide up and down with water level and I of course did not care to have a snake elevator built into my vivarium.

nuppu11.jpg

Looks like certain growing snake is needing a larger high hide soon :D

I tested it out and it seems that even thin cardboard roll is pretty safe. Kitchen towel roll and a single narrow zip-tie, put in a loop through two holes with about 1-2" between them, handled weight quite well:

-Plain kitchen towel roll: about 2-3 pounds
-Roll + brushed layer of wood glue: about 6-7 pounds
-Roll re-enforced with a 3x3" piece of roll, glued with wood glue: up to 10 pounds.

Back