• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hillarious... You just couldn't make this up....

Cleared those guys out right quick! Victory pose was funny too.
Seriously though ... the stupidity, of some people, never fails to amaze.

I hated seeing that poor baby, probably a victim of the bushmeat trade, in that situation. When it's antics are no longer amusing to the soldiers it'll end up in the pot.

Would have been funnier if the man that handed him the rifle was shot in the foot.
I don't think I'd rely on that guy to have my back in combat, he's got bad judgement.

I find it hard to believe. I would imagine that in normal (is there such a thing) situations, the chimp would have scared itself once the rifle fired. They would be conditioned to fear it. Dropping the rifle and running would have made more sense than it standing there shooting the circle of soldiers. The wonders of photoshop......

Definitely not real (100% sure)...so you don't have to feel bad that the chimp was food! cause he was definitely an actor. Still a funny video though...

I agree... no way this is real. The way that they panned to the guy dancing, the guy passing the rifle off, and them backing away while continuing to film it was too well timed. The filming seemed pretty perfect for an "un-planned" scenario. And if the Chimp was really firing rounds, why would the camera man have not flinched even a little as the chimp rotated the barrel in front of him after he backed off? If rounds are flying at will, I'm not making any effort to continue with a steady aim as the barrel glances over me.

And maybe it's just me, but knowing that this is staged, I question what the purpose was in making it? They made the people act just as wreckless and untamed with the gun as the Chimpanzee. Is it supposed to be mocking the people? Or just funny that there was a Chimpanzee shooting a rifle? And was it supposed to be presented as though it was real?... Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I just don't get it?

I agree... no way this is real. The way that they panned to the guy dancing, the guy passing the rifle off, and them backing away while continuing to film it was too well timed. The filming seemed pretty perfect for an "un-planned" scenario. And if the Chimp was really firing rounds, why would the camera man have not flinched even a little as the chimp rotated the barrel in front of him after he backed off? If rounds are flying at will, I'm not making any effort to continue with a steady aim as the barrel glances over me.

And maybe it's just me, but knowing that this is staged, I question what the purpose was in making it? They made the people act just as wreckless and untamed with the gun as the Chimpanzee. Is it supposed to be mocking the people? Or just funny that there was a Chimpanzee shooting a rifle? And was it supposed to be presented as though it was real?... Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I just don't get it?
No..... It's real....
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction is of the mind and therefore congenial to it......

The chimp is used to guns being around.... It's seen them fired... It's learned...

Not a very accurate test though. Children would copy due to the desire to please, not only for the candy. Mike: You're surmising that the chimp has seen guns and seen them fired. If it's truly a chimp that's a victim of hunters.....possible, but again surmised, then it would fear guns not like them in any way. Usually the mothers are trapped or shot. They would have learned (as your video so quickly pointed out) that guns were dangerous. Just because they used this tape as an example.....if you read who makes the tape of the original one you'll see it's titled...if apes will rise. I still think it's set up.

Well it carries all the hallmarks of being legit... National Geograpic and all...
And you also have to remember..
The rise of the planet of the apes, opens next month in all cinemas ;)
IDK really what the score is with it... It looks real, some of the animal behaviour training is real.. It's linked together well.... IDK for sure......

National geographic did not make that other tape. The tape used portions of national geographics' studies to show chimps learning abilities just as it used the last tape with that logo on it. Watch again. In no portion does this say it's a national geographic film...only the section that shows the chimp and human studies. The human/chimp studies were indeed legit. The last one...I still say in my opinion, was not. All of it was put together by a person other than nat geo.

National geographic did not make that other tape. The tape used portions of national geographics' studies to show chimps learning abilities just as it used the last tape with that logo on it. Watch again. In no portion does this say it's a national geographic film...only the section that shows the chimp and human studies. The human/chimp studies were indeed legit. The last one...I still say in my opinion, was not. All of it was put together by a person other than nat geo.
And...
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes
is about to be released......:rolleyes:
It fits...
Another blair witch project perhaps......

And another quick though by me.. Look for the trailer...
And look at the logo on the vid and look who's making the film...
Mmmmm Suspicious...
Meg you spoilt it... And I was going to tell you about our GTP hatchlings... But I won't bother now... You might spoil that for me when I show them off...:rolleyes:
j/k.. You husband has got guns.. I was j/k honest.. LOL
Anyway...
Look at this,

Back