• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How about the smallest snake in history??

I actully like him :D I think he has brought alot of attension to reptile awareness. My 3 year old actully learns alot of things from just watching his show. I would rather have him watch steve then watch power rangers! The other day he told me it was okay to hold his snake because it wasn't venomus. But the ones outside we need to stay away from cause they are venomus. :rofl: he says the cutest things

Jaimee

The only thing I object to is how unsafe he is while handling snakes. Jeff Corwin is also a huge fan of reptiles, yet he is more careful with them, and handles them in a safer manner. My friend has a lot of poisonous snakes that he uses for Air Force survival training lectures, and our local Snake Avoidance training for dogs, and he just hates Steve. He thinks he's nuts!

^^that sounds like what my parents used to tell me about all snakes that are "outside". I realize now that they did it for my own protection considering where i live is a haven for Copperheads and Cottonmouths, with the occasional Timber Rattler.

Sorry I didn't mean to change the topic of this thread but here my opinion of Steve Irwin...

Besides what CAV said...

This man is genuinely excited about everything he discovers. I don't think that it is a gimic. He has a passion for what he does and even if he has come across a certain snake or lizard a million times, he gets excited! No matter how long he has had a certain gator or croc in his zoo...he enjoys the hell outta educating people about these prehistoric creatures!

The other thing that earns my respect is...like CAV said he is banking on his occupation but he is not the type to sit back and collect the check and let the peons work for him. In the "Croc Files" these are shows are archives of recordings they did before he got big. He's in there getting down and dirty with his staff. That to me is certainly commendable as most would take advantage of such stature and just sit back.

I think he is silly...but I do get a kick outta him and I too have learned many things from his shows. I don't think that he hams it up all that much, I think that is his personality.

Jeff Corwin on the other hand...I do like him as well. But he gets his ratings from "hamming" it up on camera. I don't believe that he gets nearly exciting about his findings. He admitted that in the series "King of the Jungle" that he did. He keeps his audience by adding humor to the sometimes dull education.

Just my .02,
Quigs

i actually have to say i quite like the guy.
have been to his zoo in aussie on numerous occasions, havent quite been able to meet him though, but i certainly admire his love for reptiles, even if he is a bit nutty, lol, everything is in order and everything is taken well good care off.

I agree with Missy, his Zoo is clean and there is a really enthusiam among the staff there. He get's my vote (but a no-no with his baby and the croc)

Back