• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how come we dont see...

grdn1014

how come we dont see more striped versions of non-normal color morphs. i think striped corns are awe full beautiful.

is it because selective breeding of corns is relatively juvenile?

ive seen some striped creams and im actually on a waiting list for one, and i recall a striped anery, and a few others. but how come this practice of selectively breeding cool colored stripes hasnt blown up yet?

do people not like striped corns? or is it that lots of breeders look for quick results instead of long term, multi-generation projects? :shrugs:

I dont see it being uncommon, stripes of all different colors are out there, they just arnt as common as motley morphs. Do a little looking and you wont have any problems finding what your looking for. Stripes are just as easy to produce as any other morph, and members here are working on various stripe projects.

So many projects, so little time!

FYI, there's two "camps" when it comes to stripes. Those that think they look like garter snakes and those that don't.

D80

PS. I like 'em . . . alot . . . :)

ive always been thinking about working on stripe charcoals, i think they would look astounding. especially if i produced darker ones in the hopes of vanishing stripe in adult-hood. :)

grdn1014 said:
ive always been thinking about working on stripe charcoals, i think they would look astounding. especially if i produced darker ones in the hopes of vanishing stripe in adult-hood. :)
You took the thoughts right outa my head!! Oh, wait . . . these is done het for charcoal stripe . . .

Da'Boyz:
NO019m.jpg

NO020m.jpg

Da'Girlz:
AM010f.jpg

NO021f.jpg

NO022f.jpg

:crazy02:
D80

grdn1014 said:
bah im always one step behind :)
Don't sweat it. Rich probably has about 2 dozen hiding somewhere, and is just waiting for the right time to bring them out to play . . . probably the season before I can breed these!! :grin01: I've got this project going because I want Charcoal Stripes, depending on any type of success I may or may not have, the rest of you all are just going to have to make your own!! :eek1:

Here's the parents (The Stripe male and Charcoal female are no longer in my possession.):
Male: (father of all 5)
Stripe002m.jpg

Female 1: (mother of the 1st male and the Amel female.)
BZ001f.jpg

Female 2: (mother of the 2nd male and the normal females.)
CH002f.jpg

D80

LOL I'm one of those of the garter opinion :) Or maybe a ribbon snake :D Was tempted by a really bright amel stripe at the last St Louis expo, but I resisted. I might be tempted by the idea of a Charcoal stripe... but first up is a Charcoal motley. I want one of those worse :D

Good luck with your project. Looks like you have some excellent stock to start off with.

heres my 06 hypo ghost stripe(any excuse to show her), sorry the first ones blurry, i forgot the macro setting

p1060005xe7.jpg

p1060004iv3.jpg

not the most colourful, but a stunner in the flesh, as always the pics dont do it justice :)

There are quite a few stripe morphs out there. Unfortunately, some are still fairly expensive. If you look at Rich's site, you'll see pics of butter stripes, lavender stripes, opal stripes and possibly caramel stripes. With the already present amel, anery, snow, hypo, and ghost stripes, that doesn't leave too many morphs NOT striped, but that's being taken care of, they just need a little more time.

I have a pair of butter stripes and a striped blood...

Attachments

• 101506 jake (7).JPG
    101506 jake (7).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 123006 brett rs.JPG
    123006 brett rs.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 111606 carol rs (15).JPG
    111606 carol rs (15).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 119
Dean,
You must ALWAYS handle your snakes with care! A snake like that Blood Stripe should only be handled with gloves . . . You do NOT want 2nd and/or 3rd degree burns. :eek1: Luckily it's only a small one right now, but that Blood Stripe is HOT!!!

D80

Stripes

I have a few. I sold most of my adult striped morph over the past two years. :shrugs: I'll be working with cubed & motleys for now. :cheers:

OMG the thread of my dreams! I love stripes!!! One day I hope to have a striped rainbow of corns, striped [red], striped [orange], striped [yellow], striped [green], striped [blue], striped [voilet], stripes stripes stripes! [Insert your favorite colored morph...]

BTW lovely blood you go there Dean!

Check out Geoff's (COMPOSITE CORNS) and Caroline's (breedingcolors) personal forums, and websites. They have some awesome stipes :cool:

I also love stripes! :grin01:

Last edited:
Here's my 06 striped lavender & 04 normal.........

Attachments

• shed 4.jpg
    shed 4.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 63
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 61
Back