• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Often?

I am on a quest...

My smarter half mentioned reading something about a "dean chart", that it was a nice neat little organized chart on the size and weight of a snake, how often it should be fed and what size food prey it should be offered. I can'y seem to find anything on this subject. Does anybody know where to find it?
I myself am more relaxed about the subject but he would like to have it anyways. :shrugs:

sprdonkey said:
My smarter half mentioned reading something about a "dean chart", that it was a nice neat little organized chart on the size and weight of a snake, how often it should be fed and what size food prey it should be offered. I can'y seem to find anything on this subject. Does anybody know where to find it?
I myself am more relaxed about the subject but he would like to have it anyways. :shrugs:
Here you go: :)

Dean's Feeding Guidelines said:
-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 4-5 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 4-5 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (24-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+)
-Jumbo Adults (40-50g) every 7-x days (Snake = 400g+)

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Females are fed every 6-8 days; males are fed every 7-14 days.

Roy Munson said:
Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Females are fed every 6-8 days; males are fed every 7-14 days.
Question:
Why? :grin01:
Would you still feed the female more often than male even if you are not intending on breeding them?

Back