• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to make a black cornsnake........

name for the non-existing Black corn

hmmm...more names anyone?? black pearl?? black diamond (in reference to the 70's rock group KISS) course i could name it KISS but then i'd have to get genes permission, then he'd want to market it....LOL

Oh you mean one of these??
blackrat8.jpg

Oh wait thats my black rat..
why make a black corn when you can have a black rat?

Black Cornsnakes

I have the project in the works,so far I am using a Anery Striped Bloodred, I am not sure which Anery is involved though it maybe both.........:rolleyes:
One is darker then the other and they are more of a dark grey snake atm but still just babys! So wish me luck!

black corns

Ok!!!
Great, I do wish you luck. sincerely, I do wish you luck.
I'll be using charcoal x Bloodred x Anery x vanishing stripe

seems like a few people dont care to see a black corn....and thats ok

Do you have the snakes to start your project already? I love really dark aneries and granites so your goal sounds great to me.

Oh you mean one of these??

Oh wait thats my black rat..why make a black corn when you can have a black rat?

Disposition and size immediately jump to mind.

Several people have mentioned using vanishing pattern/patternless, but I don't think that would be a viable part of the equation. IF it were, then you would have to have a corn with a super dark groud color. I may be wrong, but even if you used some of the dark anery or charcoal bloodreds, I think the vanishing pattern will lighten the ground color you are trying to enhance.

For now, there is no simple recessive way to create this, so you must lselectively ine breed. I personaly would use charcoal motlies. Alot of the charcoal motlies have huge borders and I think line breeding that would be the key to the creation of the black corn. It would still take generations of selective breeding, but still a worthy project if someone wanted to dedicate the time to it.

Just my thoughts

dc

i have charcoal x anery x bloodred
looking for vanishing stripe or wide stripe

does anyone remember art class?? White is not a color..white is actually void of all color.......black is the opposite...remember coloring on a piece of paper with your crayons...if you used all the colors....you got one big black blob.....So thats the idea....have a snake with all the colors turned ON.

Wade,
Let me start by saying that I, for the most part, find your humor quite funny and I get a good chuckle out of it from time to time but this post was not called for nor funny for that matter. I found it quite offensive and very derogatory. If I were a black member of this forum I would probably feel as though that were a personal attack against me. I found your post was in very poor taste and this forum would have been better off without it. Your post was aggressively racist and I feel that CS.com has no room for such behavior. I hope you can respect how I feel about your post and think about how others might have felt as well. I ask you, can you please keep your racist jokes/posts to yourself as I for one would prefer not to see them. Keep in mind that all of the members of CS.com all have one thing in common, Corn Snakes. As everyone knows, Corn Snakes come in all different colors and they don't seem to mind. Please don't feel that I dislike you because that wouldn't be true. I just feel that this last post was unnecessary and uncalled for. I hope you can understand and respect how I feel.

Jay :cool:
I was nominated for the VP spot in my local BSU. We joke about chicken and watermelon all the time; people who can't learn to laugh at themselves have very miserable lives.

I was nominated for the VP spot in my local BSU. We joke about chicken and watermelon all the time; people who can't learn to laugh at themselves have very miserable lives.

Wow.. After Jay being polite in requesting that the racial bit gets dropped, you gotta strut around with your tail feathers in the air being proud.. Wow.. Talk about some respect..

I hope somewheres in this post I missed the part where I was suppose to find your comment funny.

Sometimes, people should think before they type. Talk about disrespectful.

If you mean separating 'in-house' joking from derogatory racial stereotyping, ok, but I know I won't laugh along if I'm hearing a joke demeaning to me. I'm from Romany/gypsy blood. We're stereotyped as a thieving, dirty, feckless race, with the term 'Pikey' used as an insult. In my family we'll use the term about each other in jokes, but I can't say there'd be the same result if an outsider was using the term about one of us.

Racist jokes are ovbiously a terrible to make on a website like this, I don't know why anyone would think it would be a good place for them.

Back on topic, here's a thought (probably a poor thought out one though lol). What about using okeetees with super thick borders? I mean, anery's seem like a good place to start but someone could also start breeding okeetees with super thick borders... what would happen if you crossed an okeetee with a super dark anery a, anyway? Or a charcoal?

OT..

I think we need to pitch in to get J9 a nice crystally ball and a booth... I bet you could make a killing in Hollywierd.. errr Hollywood.. It would be absolutely novel, a real gypsy!, toss in a few shots of Jager and we could have an actually typsy gypsy... I can see it.. dash board typsy gypsys.. Oh girl, we are going to get you infamous! *LOL* Now thats funny!

FOR SALE: One Typsy Gypsy Dash Board Bobble Head.. Goes by the name of J9.. A little saucey and a lot of fun.. Gaurenteed to keep you entertained for hours on those long road trips!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

i didn't know until fairly recently that saying you got "gypped" (as in ripped off) was a derogatory comment to those of gypsy descent

i didn't know until fairly recently that saying you got "gypped" (as in ripped off) was a derogatory comment to those of gypsy descent

Now theres useless piece of trival knowledge I will probably remember for the rest of my life.. Thanks a lot Buddy!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

OT..

I think we need to pitch in to get J9 a nice crystally ball and a booth... I bet you could make a killing in Hollywierd.. errr Hollywood.. It would be absolutely novel, a real gypsy!, toss in a few shots of Jager and we could have an actually typsy gypsy... I can see it.. dash board typsy gypsys.. Oh girl, we are going to get you infamous! *LOL* Now thats funny!

FOR SALE: One Typsy Gypsy Dash Board Bobble Head.. Goes by the name of J9.. A little saucey and a lot of fun.. Gaurenteed to keep you entertained for hours on those long road trips!

Regards.. Tim of T and J
I think I could pull off an act like that, especially if I bring Rosie and Merlin along for authenticity!
Back on topic though...... I'd love to see a really dark anery or a black cornsnake, I love chocolate emori and was really disappointed when I realised they weren't corns.

I’m sorry my water melon comment has created such a stir. Since Jay made his comment I have talked to him about it on the phone and both of us are ok. I wonder how making jokes about water melon and black people is a bad thing but jokes about gypsies and crystal balls are ok?

Since Jay complained about my comment, I retold this story to 3 of the black people I know. All three found it mildly amusing and none of them took any kind of offense. I find it interesting that of the few complaints I have heard, Jay, Chris (tyflyer), Tim, and VickyChea, None of the complainers are black. I wonder what that means.

I think we are all going off the deep end trying to be politically correct. In another thread someone joked with me about being a Scotsman because I made a comment about a goat. Is that a racial slur? Can we not mention anything about each other without getting in trouble. None of my comments were derogatory. None of them cast any dispersion on black people. None of my comments put black people down in any way or cast them in a bad light. What was so offensive? I’m mean really? You are going to have to dig and add a lot of inferences into what I said to make it offensive. If you are adding the offensive meaning to what I said, which of us is the racist?

Last edited:
As Wade has just stated, we have talked on the phone and we are quite fine with one another and I have nothing but respect for the man. I probably found offense when definitely none was intended. More then likely I overreacted (which I find myself doing quite a bit lately).
I have deleted my post as it has taken away from the topic started by the OP. It has become borderline thread jacking and my post was not intended to do so. I should have shown more tact by sending a pm rather then making a public post.
Rich, I am sorry that I brought your thread in a direction that it was not intended. Forgive me if I have stepped on your toes as that was not my intention.

Back to the original topic.
I think an all black Corn would be awesome. Tedious and time consuming, but still a great idea. I think that maybe tossing Lavender into the mix might help as well. Lavender is a form of Anerythrism so it might have an effect on the other two forms (Anery A, Charcoal). Maybe mixing all three will give you a good start for a dark colored Corn. Lavenders tend to have a more uniform, overall coloring from top to bottom and from head to tail so it may contribute to forming a darker, more consistent base color.
I had a borderless Anery not too long ago that would have been a great candidate for this project. All of her saddles were almost completely black. There was no real defined borders around any of them. Wish I still had her as I would have donated her for your project. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

Jay :cool:

Back