• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Whirlpool got his new name

cornspot

I see spots!
I posted this elsewhere but have been popping in over here more & more lately, so I thought I'd share (this happened just a couple weeks ago):

I recently had a 2yr old crimson get out on me (didn’t slide his door all the way shut & he got out through a 3/16inch gap!)

I looked ALL over for him-- under the refrigerator & spare freezer, all the laundry, vaccuum cleaner tubes, beds, carpets, linen closet, EVERY WHERE! I assumed he either went into my wall or out the doggie door.

Last Sunday I did half a load of wash that I had been adding into the machine all week. I used hot water, soap and BLEACH! When it was done & I opened the lid there was my snake on top of the laundry!

I thought for sure he was dead (he wan’t moving) but I guess he was jsut cold form the rinse water. Then I thought he must have brain damage b/c he would not hold his head any way but upside down, no matter how I turned him, but I guess he was just DIZZY from the spin cycle b/c that improved within an hour.

Went to the vet Thursday. No sign of aspiration/pneumonia & no major broken bones (a suspicious looking area with one neck vertebra but it’s not actually dislocated & no broken jaw bones like I thought b/ he did have some swelling). A few abrasions on his back and a very bruised up mouth & pallett, but all in all he’s OK!!!! Just no food for a month (& it had already been 3 weeks--poor guy’s gonna be hungry!). He needs that time to heal, especially don’t want to stretch his neck area with a possible cracked vertebra.

Wow, I never thought they could stand up to so much...glad he pulled through it ok for you.

Thats one crazy adventure for a snake, glad he looks to be coming through ok.
Due to past escapes I keep my room door shut and locked at all times now, has worked well.

Most of mine are in what is supposed to be my dining room. There are 2 doorways but no actual doors. He is in a multi-unit that I built & his particular cage has a bad spot in the plastic track, so it feels like the door closes but sometimes I have to lift up a little to get it to be actually snug. Once the lock is on, the door can't be budged, butI guess when I fed them last, I was in a hurry & even though I put the locks on , his door wasn't closed tight.

That's one tough little guy!! I'm glad you found him and he appears to be sound. Here's hoping that he heals fast, so he can get a meal down.

Man oh man...I just can't believe the BLEACH didn't hurt him any? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! It's AMAZING he's okay...he's must be immortal!!! LOL. Best wishes to the little guy.

Let's hear it for technology. A washer with a spin cycle will just exert centrifugal force.

If it was an old "wringer" style, there would have been no chance. ;)

Good to hear the little one came through this.

regards,
jazz

Ok...that is truly an incredible story. I mean...WOW!!!

But...how's about an update? How's this particular snake doing after 4 months of recovery? Does he appear to be a normally functioning, healthy snake? Or are there lingering side effects or other issues caused from this extremely traumatizing experience?

But...how's about an update? How's this particular snake doing after 4 months of recovery? Does he appear to be a normally functioning, healthy snake? Or are there lingering side effects or other issues caused from this extremely traumatizing experience?

Just has one scar on his back--eating, drinking, moving just fine. Plans to be a daddy in a few months :)

He's always been a "hider" so I can't really say if he has been "traumatized" Doesn't seem like it.

Back