• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Humidity

im not good with the whole time thing. But whats eastern time? is it like jus regular hours for me? cuz its 12 : 03 pm or in the afternoon.

yes ray....if you live in louisville, you live in the eastern time zone. therefore the hours would be as normal.

have fun!

rayray said:
o ok so how do you increse humiditity and how do you get rid of it lol

If your viv has a screen top and you need to raise the humidity (during the shed cycle), you can cover all or some the screen top with paper towels or similar to reduce the amount of moisture that escapes. This, coupled with an extra water bowl on the warm side of the viv, always does the trick for me. It raises the humidity in my tank by about 5-10%.

Just be sure that you don't put anything flammable near a light bulb.

This is why screen tops are not recommended for housing tropical snakes, such as certain pythons and boas, which require extra humidity. If you only have a corn, then screen tops are only a hinderance when you need to raise humidity due to problem sheds. However, this is readily solved using the technique above.

im so happy lol. Today i bought my viv. But its still empty lol, not much bnut a lil dust in it. I got a 10 gallon critter cage with locking snaps, or somethin lol not clamps but it's kinda built into the lid. But newayz i was so happy i thought i would post it lmao.

So glad you finally got your viv! It's exciting, isn't it?

Creeper is starting her first shed since we brought her home. The moist paper towel trick works great. The humidity level shot up to around 60% only moments after I added them. I would definately recommend this method if you have nothing else at the moment. It works great for us since we have gas heaters that really dry out the air. And Creeper likes it too!

I was thinking about making a little mini-fountain one of these days if I can ever find the time. I found a tiny little water pump online at Petco (Exo-Terra Repti Flo 250 Mini Terrarium Pump - $14.99). It's 1-1/2" x 3" x 2". If I ever get around to it, and it works properly, I'll let you know.

lol it is exciting. Yea that fountain sounds neat. lol hope the neat wasnt korny lmao. well neways ill prolly use that paper towel trick. I saw the post and i got to thinkin that we just got a new furnace and it really does heat the house up quick and i thought after a few hours it might dry the air out enough to where the humidity in the tank would drop. But neway no need to make a long story out of this is guess lol.

Back