• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hypo Ultra & Hypo SK Ultra (World's first!)

Nice, I feel special. I get to talk to all the big time corn snake breeders. Celebrities of the corn snake world. Later on when these are the next big thing, I'm gonna be all smug saying I remember when those first hatched out and I got to talk to the original breeder.

I don't think I've blushed this hard in QUITE a long time! :laugh: I don't consider myself a big time breeder, OR a celebrity, and I know I never will. Kathy Love, Don Soderberg, Chuck Pritzel and Connie Hurley, Rich Zuchowski... now THEY are the real celebrities in this community! And I'm pretty sure we can see Nanci getting out of her limo and strolling down the Tessera carpet, too. :p

You never know, those babies of yours are seriously out there, I can't wait to see what they'll look like as adults, they already seem to have some glowing sunburn red to them.

You never know, those babies of yours are seriously out there, I can't wait to see what they'll look like as adults, they already seem to have some glowing sunburn red to them.

It's going to be VERY hard to wait for that! :grin01: I really don't want it to take 3 years, but I also don't want to powerfeed and wind up having them be fat adults.

I'm really wondering what will become of those funky purple checkers... and the rings on that ginger. Yeah, it's going to be very hard to wait, just post lots and lots of progression pics. Like, every time one so much as farts, take a pic.

I'm really wondering what will become of those funky purple checkers... and the rings on that ginger. Yeah, it's going to be very hard to wait, just post lots and lots of progression pics. Like, every time one so much as farts, take a pic.

:roflmao: I had already planned on it, but since you INSIST, I pretty much have to now. :grin01:

Yes you do have to! They are already lovely, watching them grow is going to be a wild ride!

I don't know how much brighter they can get without me needing to reinforce their enclosures with burn proof materials! I might have to grow aloe just for handling them. :grin01:

Very nice, that hypo ultra is going to be real bright :cool: you jumped the gun on the name tho, shoulda called them "Nova's". Because if you somehow make them even brighter you'll be stuck calling them "super dooper" nova's :crazy02:

Grats, gonna need progression pics for sure :*)

Robbie, I have a dumb question. How do you know the parents are het ultra, and not het ultramel?

Nanci, they couldn't be. They can be het ultra or het amel. Ultramels are visual morphs of het amel and het ultra (has to be both) corns

Hey Robbie,
That is a pretty cool pairing, I haven't seen a Hypo het ultra pairing before and had to go to the genetic wizard to see the outcome and to wrap my mind around this. First how did you know the parents were het ultra, where they proven out? The big question is in my little mind is if all are homo hypo and some would be homo ultra are you seeing some different eye colors cause I could get it wrong with hypo eyes and ultra/ultramel eyes being fairly close?
Do you have pics of the different eyes in the clutch, I would be really interested in seeing them?
Maybe you need to add another hypo and you could go to jail for blinding people!! Great looking animals by the way!!!!
John

Very nice, that hypo ultra is going to be real bright :cool: you jumped the gun on the name tho, shoulda called them "Nova's". Because if you somehow make them even brighter you'll be stuck calling them "super dooper" nova's :crazy02:

Grats, gonna need progression pics for sure :*)

Hahahah! Well, given all of the confusion with co-dom genes and the "super" forms of them, I think that having "Novas" and then "Supernovas" would have caused more confusion than it's worth. :p

Robbie, I have a dumb question. How do you know the parents are het ultra, and not het ultramel?

They were sent to me as both being "Hypo het Ultra Sunkissed" from Serpenco lines.

Hey Robbie,
That is a pretty cool pairing, I haven't seen a Hypo het ultra pairing before and had to go to the genetic wizard to see the outcome and to wrap my mind around this. First how did you know the parents were het ultra, where they proven out? The big question is in my little mind is if all are homo hypo and some would be homo ultra are you seeing some different eye colors cause I could get it wrong with hypo eyes and ultra/ultramel eyes being fairly close?
Do you have pics of the different eyes in the clutch, I would be really interested in seeing them?
Maybe you need to add another hypo and you could go to jail for blinding people!! Great looking animals by the way!!!!
John

Thanks John! I definitely did see some variation in the eye color on the babies. Like I replied to Nanci, both parents were homo hypo het Sunkissed Ultra from Serpenco lines.

As far as eye pics go, here's a few other baby pictures of some of the hypos, and hypo sunkissed. I was amazed at how dark they are and was even hesitant to call them hypos at first, but after their first sheds, they are brightening up quite a bit. Most of these are still fresh out of the egg pictures. I'll be getting some more as they all finish shedding.

561644_490568640961571_1206350283_n.jpg

010-Copy.jpg

082-2.jpg

054_zps15e0a586.jpg

And here's a couple photos of the parents.

070-3.jpg

071-3.jpg

055-3.jpg

As far as future plans go, like I mentioned previously, there will definitely be some future projects for these guys that are still under wraps until those projects are solidified, although it looks like I may have to snag one or two from you to complete some of those projects. Lol

Thank you everyone,
-Robbie

Back