• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I moved and got a new neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering that the term "shoddy workmanship" has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with keeping or breeding reptiles, and considering that SOME inbreeding is perfectly acceptable and neccessary when creating new and unique morphs, this "child prodigy" sure is revealing its vast intelligence to the rest of us rubes, that's for sure!

Robbie, you don't need to defend yourself to anyone here.

I know... Okay, I'm done on this thread. To the original poster, I'm sorry we hi-jacked your thread. That really must have been a cool experience to see those animals up close and personal in the wild :cheers:

Don't feed the trolls, Robbie. He knows he can't anywhere with me or anyone else, so he's gonna try and get to you. Your reputation's safe here...

Good catch it is a cottonmouth... And I wouldnt want to be bit by either of the two snakes ...This snake was not aggressive at all like most cottonmouths...

Well...it *could* get a whole lot more interesting. I was just informed of a tidbit of information regarding Mr. Snakemaster and his "employment" at the Luray Zoo.

Suffice to say...they have been alerted to his antics on this forum...and they are not pleased. However...they can't fire him either. Seems there is not only a bit of an ego, but also a LOT of confusion as to his status as an "employee"...let alone a "manager"...

Boy has some issues...:poke::poke:

Um Chris...
we have not always seen eye to eye on everything...
but for the record.....
I LOVE YA,MAN!!!!!!

You just made my day :)

I can't take credit for this. I was merely forwarded an email from the zoo regarding young snakemaster. I won't point out who IS to be credited with this bit of investigative genius, but they are a member here, and if they want, they can step forward.

If not...they merely need to let me know, and I will be happy to copy the email from the Luray Zoo right here for all to see...

Stuff this funny should not be kept private...;)

Oh great...here I am at the shop with work to do and now you have me glued to my comp....waiting....with great anticipation.....

I found this, and I thought that I might share. I'm not sure of the validity of this but it was funny to me considering the previous discussion. Here is the link : http://www.sierrapotomac.org/W_Needham/Copperhead_050704.htm

Here is the important part:
"Many studies have been conducted on snakebites, all relying on reported incidents and subject to the limitations of empirical data collection and interpretation. About 4,000 to 7,000 snakebites are reported in the United States annually out of an estimated 45,000 that occur. Deaths from snakebite of any kind are rare, averaging about 10 to 15 per year. A 1954 Virginia study found that copperheads comprised 119 of the 134 snakebites reported between 1941 and 1953. A study of 400 copperhead bites found that only two incidences resulted in death, both due to simultaneous bites by 3 or more snakes. Bites occur on the extremities 95% of the time (56% on the hand) largely because about 40% of all bites occur from handling pets or attempting to capture snakes in the wild. "

Ok, so a person has been killed by copperhead venom but they got bit by 3 or more of them. What were they doing? Rolling around in a bunch of copperheads?

It was me. I wanted to check the validity of his claimed employee/manager status.

Thank you for alerting me to this situation. David (snakemaster24) does not work here, he is in fact an occasional volunteer. The boy must be supervised while he's here and I imagine should be supervised on your chat list as well. He is not in charge of, and he does not manage any of our animals here.

(name removed)
Luray zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back