• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I really want another..

ZzombieSoxX

People kept telling me that when I get one corn, I'm eventually going to want another. Of course, me being stubborn just laughed it off and replied "One is enough."

One is not enough! I want another so bad! I'd love a bloodred, or a butter, but since I have one corn and an asian vine, I have no more room for any more snakes until I high tail it out of my mothers house :[

My snow is definitely the perfect corn for me. I love everything about him right down to his scarred up little tail <3

I can't wait to expand my love of these little serpents :]

been there, done that :)
My first was a normal, and he is still my first love. but now there are 18 other "loves" :D

My daughter wanted a snake for *years*, finally broke down and got her one. Then I fell in love with him and the snow corns, so got one of those for myself ;)

:roflmao:

Ok, Now that we are done fooling ourselves....a Bit of perspective:

This time last year I had 6 corns.
Currently I have upwards of 30.
Also, 3 clutches of eggs in the incubator! :)

Addiction? LOL

This time last year I had 4 snakes... now I have 13! :eek:
Oh, and new corn (big normal girl) coming this weekend! But the bullsnake will be heading out, so I'll still be at 13.. for now..

ya I feel your pain...I just got my girl on sunday and I am already talking to another breeding to get my dream amel on may long :p

Anyone know the number for corn snakes anonymous?
i have 3 and i so want more, but i have to finish school and move out first

It started at a reptile show and a pretty little female amel. Now my wife wants MOAR! We now have 4 and clutch of 11 eggs in the incubator.

You know, if they all looked the same and had the same personality, I don't think owning only one would be a problem.

I was sure I'd only have one, but once I started learning about all the different morphs, I had to get another (and one for my sister). I guess part of it also is that they're so easy to keep, so it was a good justification for me. :)

Omg my daughter won one through an auction at a reptile show. We were there getting crickets for my lizard now we have 4 corns and I having a real difficult time not picking up more.....

I've wanted a snake for as long as I can remember. Even at the age of 4 I was bringing in garters and ringnecks and keeping them in a jar or shoe box until my mom found them and made me get rid of them.

So when my boyfriend bought a kingsnake it made me realize that I'm an adult and I can get my own. I bought myself my first corn for my 23rd birthday. A year later I picked up my little hypo from a pet shop because I didn't want her to die.

Then the next year I got a kingsnake for myself and last year I got another kingsnake. Now I've been sending the one kingsnake out of breeding loans and you know there will be keepers and I'm probably going to get at least one from each clutch!

My addiction didn't just stay with corns. I still really want a sunkissed lavender. I tell myself that if I get that it will be the last corn. This years breeding with the kingsnake will be my last kings lol. Yeah my will power isn't great.

People kept telling me that when I get one corn, I'm eventually going to want another. Of course, me being stubborn just laughed it off and replied "One is enough."

Laughs. My first corn has been with me only for a few months, and I'm already over the "one is enough" phase. It doesn't help that a local grower has a clutch of 16 in his incubator..

I've wanted a snake for as long as I can remember. Even at the age of 4 I was bringing in garters and ringnecks and keeping them in a jar or shoe box until my mom found them and made me get rid of them.

So when my boyfriend bought a kingsnake it made me realize that I'm an adult and I can get my own. I bought myself my first corn for my 23rd birthday. A year later I picked up my little hypo from a pet shop because I didn't want her to die.

Then the next year I got a kingsnake for myself and last year I got another kingsnake. Now I've been sending the one kingsnake out of breeding loans and you know there will be keepers and I'm probably going to get at least one from each clutch!

My addiction didn't just stay with corns. I still really want a sunkissed lavender. I tell myself that if I get that it will be the last corn. This years breeding with the kingsnake will be my last kings lol. Yeah my will power isn't great.

A sunkissed lavender huh? Like my girl Peaches?

Let me tell you, this addiction only gets worse. I have kept snakes for 16 years, and right now my husband and I are planning sell our business and move out of state. Of course it makes selling a house difficult when you have 50 snakes, so many of my adults are with friends across the country now, and I have a pretty good system of hiding snakes for future showings.....

So 2 days ago, nwheather posts a pic of a 2008 sunkissed het lavender male for sale....Took one look at his pic, my heart started pounding, I got sweaty....this boy is GORGEOUS!! Nevermind that sunkissed is one of my fav morphs ever, and he would go well with the girl I am picturing.......
so I answered that if my life was not in turmoil right now, that boy would be soooo mine!!! So then Christen (who happens to be snakesitting for me already), pipes up and says that if I want him, to get him and she will take care of him for me........

Sent payment yesterday........

Oh, no...this addiction has ahold on meeeeeee. :)

Peaches is pictures below, her future boyfriend still has his picture up in the For Sale section. His name is Stark.....:)

Attachments

• PeachesForum1.jpg
    PeachesForum1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
  • PeachesForum2.jpg
    PeachesForum2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 59
  • PeachesForum3.jpg
    PeachesForum3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 59
  • PeachesForum4.jpg
    PeachesForum4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PeachesForum5.jpg
    PeachesForum5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 59
Beth is right. This hobby is so addicting. I've had around 50 adult snakes at one time. Now I have 10+ snakes and 60+ geckos right now. Once you get one, you never know where it'll lead!

Back