• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Introducing my children to the passion I had as a child

Well just a little update. We fed Lyra the other day and she ate like a champ. I fed her a dead pinky that was in the fridge. Because it was cold I gave it a little warming up with a hair dryer. Then I used some chopsticks and presented it to her in her cage. She took about 4 seconds to make up her mind and gobbled it down. Well I was outside with my son and came in later and my daughter had a confession. She told me that she had tried to pick up Lyra about 30 minutes after feeding her and Lyra bit her. She didn't tell me this until about 4 hours after the bite. I had instructed her to leave Lyra alone for at least a day because she may be still in feeding mode. Anyway she now knows that it doesn't hurt to get bit but she is kind of scared as of now. I am sure she will build more confidence in the near future. Lyra has not tried to bite or show any signs of aggression since. I think from now on I will feed her outside of her home just for safe measure.

At first Lyra would hide in her substrate of aspen but now she likes to spend most of her time hanging from some fake flowers and vines at the top of her cage and doesn't hide anymore. Are all of these signs good?

Well as we had discussed before I thought she was a lavender/candy cane. So.......I tried to take some pics of her today for y'all to help me figure out what she may actually be. I only had my macro setup ready and my DOF is not very deep. She would not stay still for any of the pictures and wiggled like a worm so my pictures are horrible. Please don't critique the pics for quality but they may help in identification.:(

lyra1.jpg

lyra2.jpg

Oh and her belly is black and white checkered but she would not even sit still enough for that shot. Also, her topside is all the same pattern from neck to tail.

Back