• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Jungles corn pics please...

Plums

Please post all your Jungle babies please.....

want to see those vibrant thangs! .. :cheers:

my 2 jungles

06-03-18_15-23.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

06-03-18_15-24.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

spaulding.jpg

sorry for the quality of the pic I was giggling and trying to hold him steady at the same time...he was sitting in the trivet initially and then making his departure.

Here's Guchi :)

SNTReptiles120-vi.jpg

Attachments

• Guchi 02_edited.jpg
    Guchi 02_edited.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 331
  • SNT Reptiles 116.jpg
    SNT Reptiles 116.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 333
  • SNT Reptiles 118.jpg
    SNT Reptiles 118.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 334
Not to be a total nazi, but it's been stated before that corn only pictures belong in the photo gallery. All others have been requested to be put in the general chit chat forum. I believe it was agreed that cornsnake and intergrades are permissible while hybrids are not.

Joejr14 said:
Not to be a total nazi, but it's been stated before that corn only pictures belong in the photo gallery. All others have been requested to be put in the general chit chat forum. I believe it was agreed that cornsnake and intergrades are permissible while hybrids are not.
Hybrids, Shmybrids...They are corns in my book. :grin01: And I think they look AMAZING! Where can I get my hands on one of those!!!

Joejr14 said:
I thought Rich said that hybrids WERE allowed...

Do Jungle corns not fall into the Corn category then ???

Sorry if i got u guys into trouble !

Thanks for sharing your pics anyway, its lovley to see such beautiful snakes

Jungle Corns are still considered Corns and they are allowed.

Scalesnthings- Gucci is amazing! Do you produce offspring from him/her?

Arcanefate said:
Jungle Corns are still considered Corns and they are allowed.

Scalesnthings- Gucci is amazing! Do you produce offspring from him/her?

I don't agree with you here.
I think Jungle's must not be considered corns because they are hybrids.
so they should be considered hybrids.
I think only pure blood corn should be considered corns because best thing is keeping pure and hybrid separate.
otherwise there will be a hole lot of confussion, especially with the newbies and snakes that can't be identified

but this is just my opinion :cool:

magila said:
I don't agree with you here.
I think Jungle's must not be considered corns because they are hybrids.
so they should be considered hybrids.
I think only pure blood corn should be considered corns because best thing is keeping pure and hybrid separate.
otherwise there will be a hole lot of confussion, especially with the newbies and snakes that can't be identified

but this is just my opinion :cool:

A Creamsicle is a hybrid, but still considered a corn. Granted a Rat snake is a form of corn snake, but they are still hybrids. At least "Jungle" is placed before Corn to refer to it as a hybrid. That is the distinction to tell you it isn't a pure blood. I don't see anyone referring to Creamsicles as "Jungle" Creamsicles to tell the difference. It is just assumed if you know enough about the breed you know what its heritage is, or at least you can look it up.

The point is, that's why we refer to them as Jungle Corns. They are still looked at by "most" breeders as a type of corn just like Creamsicles.

Arcanefate said:
A Creamsicle is a hybrid, but still considered a corn. Granted a Rat snake is a form of corn snake, but they are still hybrids. At least "Jungle" is placed before Corn to refer to it as a hybrid. That is the distinction to tell you it isn't a pure blood. I don't see anyone referring to Creamsicles as "Jungle" Creamsicles to tell the difference. It is just assumed if you know enough about the breed you know what its heritage is, or at least you can look it up.

The point is, that's why we refer to them as Jungle Corns. They are still looked at by "most" breeders as a type of corn just like Creamsicles.

Creamsicle corns are totally different thing all together they are (great plains rat snake) Elaphe guttata emoryi X (Corn snake aka Red rat snake) Elaphe guttata guttata they were until recently thought to be subspecies so they are often considered to be close enough to a corn because they are very closely related, where as jungle corns are corns crossed with Lampropeltis getulus or king snakes a totally different genus.

Jungle corns are so named to show they are hybrids specifically with king snakes, and creamsicle corns are so named to show they are hybrid with emoryi rat snakes. Thats why you dont see anyone calling them jungle Creamsicles because they dont have kingsnake in them. In no way shape or form are hybrids considered corns i dont care if they are only 1% king or other type of snake it should be label a hybrid and considered a hybrid not a corn.

Yantzie said:
Creamsicle corns are totally different thing all together they are (great plains rat snake) Elaphe guttata emoryi X (Corn snake aka Red rat snake) Elaphe guttata guttata they were until recently thought to be subspecies so they are often considered to be close enough to a corn because they are very closely related, where as jungle corns are corns crossed with Lampropeltis getulus or king snakes a totally different genus.

Jungle corns are so named to show they are hybrids specifically with king snakes, and creamsicle corns are so named to show they are hybrid with emoryi rat snakes. Thats why you dont see anyone calling them jungle Creamsicles because they dont have kingsnake in them. In no way shape or form are hybrids considered corns i dont care if they are only 1% king or other type of snake it should be label a hybrid and considered a hybrid not a corn.

yes this is exactly what i meant to say :rolleyes:
creamsicles were until recently intergrades (cross between subspecies) and with jungle corns (lampro blood) there's a totally different genus in play (its a totally different snake)

Here in Europe I hear and see so many people (newbies) think that a jungle corn is a pure blood corn (probably because it says jungle CORN).
and these people just treat them as pure blood corns resulting in all kind of problems.
like help I put my jungle corn with my normal and now he's eating him or even worse: they breed them to a pure blood corn and the baby's all look like normal corns therefor they sell them to other people as normal pure blood corns.
then it could be that your "normal corn" could develop some nasty lampro characters...
or the f2/f3/f4 suddenly looks different and people say hey I got a new morph because they think that they have a pure blood corn witch the don't!

I'm not for or against hybrids; find them often very attractive.
I even got my own 1.1 jungles (see previous post in this topic) and 0.1 creamsicle and 1.0 rootbeer.
but I keep my hybrids far away from my pure blood corns and will never breed them to each other.
I think that the hybrids that look like a pure blood are a disaster for the market.

therefor I think that people should explain to other people that it is a hybrid and not a pure blood be for they sell it to them.

Back