• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

just got this guy from craigslist

I have an old-school Composition book and keep records on all my snakes. I record their weight before feeding, what I offered (crossed off if they don't eat it), if they are blue, when they shed, anything out of the ordinary. It is interesting to go back and compare when they were just 25g and now are almost 200!

There is a computer program someone posted to keep all this info too, I am a pen and paper girl, but whatever is easiest for you.

I use Googledocs for lots of stuff, so I made spreadsheets for my snakes. It makes it easy to note down the date of sheds, feeds, weights, lengths, or any other observations, and then I can access it on my phone from anywhere, so if I am out and need feeders, I can easily look up when and what size, etc. Wish I started back in June, since keeping paper notes just doesn't work for me (always forget about them after a couple of weeks).

I've got his info put into a new sheet for him with his date of acquisition. I'll definitely enjoy looking over the notes!

I agree with the advice to not try to rush to put weight on him. Assuming there is no issue other than him having been underfed, he'll gain get to the proper weight soon enough and gaining weight too quickly is probably not healthy. If he doesn't gain weight, then you should start looking for other possible issues such as parasites.

I love keeping records on my snakes. It really is fun to go back and see how much weight they've grown, and also interesting stuff like 2 snakes that started out the same size, were fed the same size meals, and one is gaining weight rapidly but another is growing much more slowly.

I was having issues with the site I was using before in regards to keeping weight & shed records etc - may try this site out, thank you :)

It's very easy to use, you can set feed reminders & it gives some nice visual weight/length charts. I also like the way that you can record clutches & link them back to the parents then pass the complete record to someone else- I found out about it when I purchased a hatchling at the Kempton Park show & it was great to get such a complete record.

I fed him a 24g f/t mouse, and have another in the freezer ready for his next meal. He didn't act overly eager to eat, instead was fairly calm about it, so hopefully that means he wasn't starving. He was hasty to go back into hiding when he was finished though, and rattled his tail like it was going out of style. He stayed hidden in the first 36 hours, and this morning I found him hanging out in the open. He watched one of my cats walk by with great interest and no fear. I'm guessing that means he's more comfortable now and less stressed out.

Once he's in a proper viv, I'll get more pictures of him.

The guy who owned him had him in a 55 gallon with one tiny hide and a bucket of water, no other decor in there. It'll be fun decorating a new viv for him!

He's being completely adorable right now. I had to run an errand, so he watched me getting ready, turning his head to keep an eye on me as I went past him. So I wiggled my fingers at him and moved them around, and he slid forward for a closer look, tongue flicking out, and followed me without striking like he was doing the first night I got him home.

I love keeping records on my snakes. It really is fun to go back and see how much weight they've grown, and also interesting stuff like 2 snakes that started out the same size, were fed the same size meals, and one is gaining weight rapidly but another is growing much more slowly.

Once in a while I will go back pages and pages and look at how far they've come. It doesn't seem possible that the tiny little curl on my avatar was 25g and is now almost 200! Guess I need to update my pics.

Back