• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lady Marley - The Dutches

No need to get defensive, my comment wasn't directed at you, even if it is your thread. Good luck with it.

if she is a corn, or isnt a corn...amel or not amel...as long as you like her who cares? I love the oddball type corns where you never really know what they are...the mystery makes it more interesting ;)

if she is a corn, or isnt a corn...amel or not amel...as long as you like her who cares? I love the oddball type corns where you never really know what they are...the mystery makes it more interesting ;)

I love her to pieces, that's why I'm being so defensive for her :3
She's a special herp :3

Well, I like her! She's beautiful - love that clean, even pattern. And she clearly has a good feeding response! I'm also of the opinion that she's hypo, which is awesome. Personally, I like hypos more than amels, but that's just my preference. :)

Enjoy her! It certainly seems like you already are. ^_^

As for the head pattern, you can't tell all hybrids from non-hybrids just by looking at the head pattern, so colours do help in determining that too. If you don't plan on breeding with her (do you? :)), I don't see why it would matter anyway. She's an amazing snake, hybrid or not :)

Motleys usually have no belly checkers at all, so I'm thinking your girl is possibly a hypo. She looks a lot like my old hypo Buck. I've posted a pic of his belly, is that how hers is?
(Just a note to the members in the USA, over here creamsicles are more expensive than corns, so most stores would have charged more and labelled a creamsicle accordingly. They aren't nearly as common over here so buying one by accident is a bit less likely)

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 47
stop picking at this snake! it doesn't matter if she's corn or corn hybrid, it matters that she's recovering well and has an owner that cares about her.

whose picking on her? the most recent posts have been people saying they like her, and people trying to help identify what morph she is.

stop picking at this snake! it doesn't matter if she's corn or corn hybrid, it matters that she's recovering well and has an owner that cares about her.
I can't see anyone that's been picking either on the snake or on the owner. Adults having meaningful discussions about a corn snake on a corn snake forum is pretty well par for the course. Speculation about a morph or even informing a new owner they've been misled by the seller is people trying to be helpful, not hurtful.

*rolls around*
I get back from a 50 minute drive, and BOOM! x3 All the responses <3
Okay, here goes.

I'm going to get her assessed. Properly this time, by a reptile expert, because this is rediculous. In my mind, I think she's a hybrid, her head is not right to be a pure corn, and her colour, I think, thank you to all who have contributed, is the closet thing to Hypo, I am going to get.
Marley is a special and unique snake in my eyes, and yes, I'm going to build her up to her full health and keep her to my best potential.

Thank you for those in my defense and all the helpful feedback <3
I will update when I know for SURE what is going on with this little madam, who really isn't so little XD

I can't see anyone that's been picking either on the snake or on the owner. Adults having meaningful discussions about a corn snake on a corn snake forum is pretty well par for the course. Speculation about a morph or even informing a new owner they've been misled by the seller is people trying to be helpful, not hurtful.

I feel the need for some perspective on this statement. I used the phrase "pick" in my post because that was the most accurate term for it, not because I lack the vocabulary.
Now, I do not believe intentional harm is meant, but a great deal of minor "picking" does go on on this forum. most people seem to think that by asking the opinions of others, a member is showing their lack of knowledge.
this is not the case.
however, I am not here to get into a pissing match with anyone, I'm here to stay informed on the rest on the corn-snake keeping world, not start a rant-blog.
My apologies to Desertstrike and Lady Marley, I did not intend to bring hostility to your post, and wish you the best of luck in rehabilitating your snake.

I feel the need for some perspective on this statement. I used the phrase "pick" in my post because that was the most accurate term for it, not because I lack the vocabulary.
Now, I do not believe intentional harm is meant, but a great deal of minor "picking" does go on on this forum. most people seem to think that by asking the opinions of others, a member is showing their lack of knowledge.
this is not the case.
however, I am not here to get into a pissing match with anyone, I'm here to stay informed on the rest on the corn-snake keeping world, not start a rant-blog.
My apologies to Desertstrike and Lady Marley, I did not intend to bring hostility to your post, and wish you the best of luck in rehabilitating your snake.

You never offended me - in fact you're post made me smile, just in relief, to be honest. I did feel a little bit like a "bad owner" when I heard she was thin, and that the pattern I thought she was is in fact false and all those little things. So a little bit of direct support was in fact something to smile about.

I've only had Marley coming up 5 days now, but I know I'm doing my best for her, even though I've been told, not on this post, that she deserves better. So that was a big put down, but I'll get through that.
She's warm and happy and peacefully sleeping at the moment, so I think I'm doing pretty well. Just need to keep an eye on that weight and wait for the next update on her actual breed to come through.

You'll do just fine and Marley will do just fine in your care. Coming to a forum like this and asking for help in the first place shows you're going to be a good owner. I'd bet most of us on here started just the same way, I joined because one of my first snakes was starving herself to death and got huge amounts of support with the fight to save her.
Then after I had more experience and more snakes I wanted to start breeding, made major mistakes and got some pretty tough love from on here to sort me out. Some of us are more diplomatic than others, but honestly the intention is almost always to help. We are on here because we all have a passion for our snakes.
Personally, I can't see anything to sugget Marley is a hybrid. In the USA it's fairly common for corn/emory ratsnakes to be mis-labelled and sold as pure corns, but over here that would be much more rare because the crosses are fewer and actually sell for more. Regardless, she's a very pretty snake and I can see just why you bought her!

You'll do just fine and Marley will do just fine in your care. Coming to a forum like this and asking for help in the first place shows you're going to be a good owner. I'd bet most of us on here started just the same way, I joined because one of my first snakes was starving herself to death and got huge amounts of support with the fight to save her.
Then after I had more experience and more snakes I wanted to start breeding, made major mistakes and got some pretty tough love from on here to sort me out. Some of us are more diplomatic than others, but honestly the intention is almost always to help. We are on here because we all have a passion for our snakes.
Personally, I can't see anything to sugget Marley is a hybrid. In the USA it's fairly common for corn/emory ratsnakes to be mis-labelled and sold as pure corns, but over here that would be much more rare because the crosses are fewer and actually sell for more. Regardless, she's a very pretty snake and I can see just why you bought her!

Thank you <3 I think I'm a decent owner ^^
Yeah, I've seen that everyone just wants to help and some people go about it differently. I've been panicking at different levels for about 3 days, so I'm all over the place.
Ah, her blood pedigree is of no concequence as you say <3 She's a lovely girl to be with an gentle and funny once you get to know her.
Thank you for the complement ^^

I'm biased, because she reminds me so much of Buck. He's the only one of my adult snakes I've ever let go, he's fostered with a workmate who wanted a big tame snake for her family. I get updates and photos of him and there's an understanding that he'll come back to me if there's ever a reason they can't keep him. I'm under no illusion that he'll remember me, but I raised him from a tiny worm!

I'm biased, because she reminds me so much of Buck. He's the only one of my adult snakes I've ever let go, he's fostered with a workmate who wanted a big tame snake for her family. I get updates and photos of him and there's an understanding that he'll come back to me if there's ever a reason they can't keep him. I'm under no illusion that he'll remember me, but I raised him from a tiny worm!

Oh bless your soul *hugs*
Oh that's so adorable, and very kind of you to foster him out to a trusted friend. Stories like that just make me wanna cry sometimes ^^ Bless you, well, you can have updates of Marley as well, now x) I was planning to raise the other youngster from her age to a big girl, but she disappeared so, I'm just gonna bring Marley to health and love her forever ^^

No matter what she is- if you love her- that's all that matters. A snake doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to be a favorite. Each is an individual- and as we get to know them, we grow to love them for their unique personality characteristics.

No matter what she is- if you love her- that's all that matters. A snake doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to be a favorite. Each is an individual- and as we get to know them, we grow to love them for their unique personality characteristics.

This is true <3
Thanks for the encouragement ^^

It's really awesome how much love we all have for our snakes here. I was telling my mum on the phone today about how I feel bad for disturbing Stig yesterday to spot-clean his cage because he's in blue, and she just laughed and was like "He'll forget by the time he sheds you did that. Heck, he's probably over it now!"

This is a good community once we all get to know each other's personalities. Lots of great advice, support, and gorgeous snakes to go around!:)

I'm glad this lady ended up with you,the fact that you're here asking questions means that you care enough about her to learn proper care which is great :) don't be too offended by everyone's questions - they really love snakes and just want to see the best for them :) I know I am glad I found this forum almost 2 years ago, I have learned so much and met some awesome people who share a passion for snakes- cornsnakes in particular.I hope to see lots of pictures of your new girl in the future. :)

Back