• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Let's talk weather

susang

So here it is the fourth of May and we had to cover our kiwis and fig, why you say? We are supposed to have a freeze tonight and tomorrow. While kiwis and figs are hardy here, the freeze last time, hit hard. So thank goodness no one had a camera but to older, disabled people trying to cover these plants was not a pretty sight.
So how is your weather?

Rainy and it has been 10F warmer than normal. I like the rain, if it comes with no wind or hail. I like highs 80-85, not 90-95. I'd like to not be using AC at night. I could probably tough it out, but I don't want to overheat the snakes. I've had to start mowing the grass.

Rainy and it has been 10F warmer than normal. I like the rain, if it comes with no wind or hail. I like highs 80-85, not 90-95. I'd like to not be using AC at night. I could probably tough it out, but I don't want to overheat the snakes. I've had to start mowing the grass.

UGH, now I amreally depressed. We can have frost until end of May, but this year it has been soooo cold at night and windy. It is 54 now with a low in mid to low 30's.

Cool and breezy. Big fluffy clouds in the sky. A comfortable 76 degrees out, give or take. Not too hot, not too cold. :)

Too warm (it was about 70 here today, about 60 now)...I prefer my days to be cold and snowy...right around 28-30 is perfect, big fluffy snow is appreciated, although any kind of snow is welcome. :)

Burning up, had a few good down pours last week, brought the lakes up a few inches but everything is till dry

Hot hot hot and windy. There's so much pollen some days that it looks like the world has turned yellow and fuzzy.

It's unseasonably cool and wet, here. That's saying a lot, because even our "normal" weather at this time of year is cool and wet :).

It was actually nicer in February, here, than it has been since mid-March.

Today's high is supposed to reach 60. That's 5 degrees cooler than average, but about 5-10 degrees warmer than it has been for the past week or more, so it's almost a heat wave this year :).

Humid and overcast today. Must be expecting rain because I have a monster migraine today and it seems mine are usually directly related to us receiving rain.

40 currently hi mid 50's chance of rain.
The good news all the covers stayed on the plants, even with the wind.

We've had a beautiful, warm spring thus far in Toronto. For the past week they've been calling for thunderstorms, and every day I have been disappointed. As of right now it is finally crashing lightning and pouring! It feels like the tropics and my carpet python is loving it :)

Hot, Hot, Humid, and HOT!!!

Its so unfair we had the coldest winter in decades, but it just ended so abruptly. It was 95 degrees at my house yesterday 95 and it is only the begining of May :eek::eek::crying:

I'm with Mrs. Z. I really wish it would warm up here!!! Believe it or not, it snowed for a bit yesterday at my house and snowed for almost an hour at my parents- crazy stuff. I can't wait for later this summer when I can sleep with the windows upon and let the cool night breeze go through the house.

I'm in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan and in March we have had temps range from 23 Celsius (71.6) to -5 Celsius (23), and with that we have had dry and sunny, wet and rainy for days at a time, snow off and on for a couple of days and even hail. All of said weather has been mixed with a ton of very windy days, some gusting 60-80 km/hr.

Frankly, I would like to see spring!!!

Yea supposed to freeze here tonight too. I love my greenhouse!
I do remember last year it snowed in Eugene on May 1 though...

Farmer's Almanac for our area says in could freeze until May 20th, I think that is fairly normal for us though. I have a small green house but have a heat light in it, it was under sixty in there last night. The tomatoes are still in the house, soon I will be a tomato forrest.

Back