• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lump on my new yearling, Zuko

Oops!!

I'm female btw.
I got Zuko from a breeder at Repticon. I will give him a call and ask some more questions. They were very busy and they were also selling cages and such. I did hold him and was looking him over. He got stressed out as they took him from me and sexed him. Then when they gave him back to me he was tense and I really didn't notice the lump. I usually have a keen attention to detail and have owned & loved many animals in my life. No snakes though.

Axis1, I totally get your convo style as my hubby is Italian and from Queens, NY. However, I do have quite a strong prescription for my glasses lol!

Thanks everyone for the support. I feel really bad about all this. Zuko, has been great and I feel upset that I missed this on him. Things happen and I'm not perfect. I'll post an update when I find out more. Thanks.

My apologies, m'lady! :eek1:

Certainly didn't mean to begin a gender-bender!! :eek:

Also appreciate your insight into the "gin-zo lin-go!" You sound like a really hip chick! And thanx for clearing up that you are an animal lover. I doubt anyone meant any harm. Regardless, you can see the support you have already garnered already and with just a couple of posts! There are some cool folks here. I'd bet that MOST here would even get outta the shower to take a leak!! (I'm just guessing, of course, but it appears evident!!) Now THAT'S class!!

Will be looking for an update on Zuko!!! :crazy02:

Looks like a kink to me.

If the snake has done well this far along, most likely they will continue to do just fine.

Kinks are not always obvious, especially if you don't look for them.
I picked up a baby from a local breeder who has been breeding for a long time, and even I didn't notice right away. The kinks are not visible and only palpable along the spine.

A vet check certainly wouldn't hurt, but I would say it is most likely a kink.
No one has done any real studies that I'm aware of, to determine whether kinks are genetic or incubation related. I personally think there are some genes more prone to kinks, but it hasn't been proven.

There is also the possibility that the snake got caught in the lid of a bin or something at as a baby. It's not common, but it does sometimes happen, leaving permanent damage.

Keep us posted!

I think it looks like a kink but I'm new to snakes. It seems concave on the opposite side which is more likely a kink. My little baby snow has a kink right below her vent. I didn't see it when I bought her. They gave her to me in critter keeper she was kept in and I never held her. But I don't really care if she has a kink as long as she's healthy. I love her like she is. I hope Zuko's ok.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

In any case, how ya been? (Figured you were just on vacation or something!) :crazy02:

Oh, pretty good. I got more hours at work, so that keeps me a little busy, plus I got sucked back into Sims 4 a bit. I've been lurking a lot, just not commenting much. I tend to hang around facebook groups more just because they're always hoppin'!

And anyone who does purchase a snake without at least holding it and looking it over, probably shouldn't be a snake owner in the first place.

I didn't even see photos of the last two I received. :p BUT I knew the breeder and had bought from him before.

Oh, pretty good. I got more hours at work, so that keeps me a little busy, plus I got sucked back into Sims 4 a bit. I've been lurking a lot, just not commenting much. I tend to hang around facebook groups more just because they're always hoppin'!

I didn't even see photos of the last two I received. :p BUT I knew the breeder and had bought from him before.

Facebook? More hoppn' than this forum? Nahhhhh! :nyah:

About your comment on not even seeing photos, you make a good point, as there are probably some exceptions to the norm most of us take for granted. Trust of a fellow human being. Doesn't always pan out, but not a horrible practice. I guess I'd rather trust and get screwed occasionally than become a total misanthrope and be totally alone. It's a trade-off, for sure, but worth the heartache, for me, anyway.

Glad you de-lurked! Your comments are definitely appreciated!! :crazy02:

I had never heard of kinks up until hanging out here a number of months, and wouldn't have known to look for them on my first snake, either. Zuko is a beautiful snake kink or not. The fact that you noticed a problem and came here for help shows how observant and responsible you truly are Gette77!

Many thanks to DollysMom, axis1, dragonling, mysticexotics, jennyj, albertagirl, & DLena for all your help and support! Zuko just has a kink and he will be fine. I love him regardless and I'm just thrilled he's healthy. He ate frozen thawed for me today! He did great!!
Thanks again. I'm glad to be on here with so many wonderful people!

I second what DLena just said. I'm so glad he is okay!

Zuko is one awesome little snake and you are a special snake mom.

Many thanks to DollysMom, axis1, dragonling, mysticexotics, jennyj, albertagirl, & DLena for all your help and support! Zuko just has a kink and he will be fine. I love him regardless and I'm just thrilled he's healthy. He ate frozen thawed for me today! He did great!!
Thanks again. I'm glad to be on here with so many wonderful people!

Well THAT is just HEAVY, FAR OUT, & RIGHT-Frickin-ON! :crazy01:

I just LOVE when things turn out OK for the little sneaky ones! I just got a warm, fuzzy feeling inside! (Think I'll cover myself in Wesson Oil and then take an ice cold bath!!! YOWSA!!!).

I'm SO happy for Zuko! Please give him a kiss for me!!! :crazy02:

I'm so glad Zuko is well and has an awesome caregiver. Kinks don't seem to slow them down. This is a pic of my girl after eating. You can see her little tail kink.
aiu4J4Sh.jpg

Thank you. I've had her about a month. She's still a baby, less than 2 months old.

Back