• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Males Stops Breeding

I understnad what you are saying Dean, is it as critical as say in mammals. We used to raise dairy goats a certain amount of inbreeding went on, to get that one end of the pundit square perfect goat, perfect udder, perfect milk production. Now goats can have multiple births but it never seemed worth it to me, because the odds were just as good one would get the other end of the pundit. So with snakes one could breed mother to son, one year and than breed siblings in say three years? Or is it just better not to do it at all? susan

Gosh, Dean, you made it up. Now I am never going to believe you. :grin01:

Just kidding, but I know what you are saying. Trying to get a certain morph may make something else go wrong but it won't be known until several generations down the road. Sort of like the bloodreds or stargazing. :shrugs:

Well friends I am off to bed to dream of babies, corn babies. I just had a thought, it would be just like me to go down to buy two corns and come back with a boa amarali, Bolivian short-tail. :sidestep:

:crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02:

susang said:
So with snakes one could breed mother to son, one year and than breed siblings in say three years? Or is it just better not to do it at all? susan
Yep, one could do these breedings. They're done all the time. I have parent-offspring and sibling breedings planned. Is it better not to do it at all? I can't really say. If you want to be first to produce a new combo-morph, you don't have much choice. But if you're planning on buying a pair of "morph X" to produce more "morph X", you're better off buying an unrelated pair. But I haven't strictly followed this recommendation myself.

They're here. They're here. I got a caramel male and a snow female. The amber just looked too close to the caramel. They are soooooooo cute.

Back