• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

May not be seeing me around for awhile...

Zany Chimp

Harvesting Maniac
After looking it over, I simply could not afford a cornsnake. Got a garter snake instead. In two and a half years, I'll be old enough to get a job... and then I'll be able to get a corn. Those things cost like $40... as opposed to a baby garter, which costs $13. So goodbye for now... I'll definitely be back when I get a corn :)

You can still hang out here with a garter snake! Roy Munson does! Seriously, if you just want to talk snakes- this is the best place. Plenty of garter owners here.

Four of the most gorgeous garters I have ever seen! And he has a recipe for Ruby Cubes, or something, too! Drinks at Roy's!!!

Ok, you're forgiven.

Those are beautiful Dean. I've not given Garters much thought. Do they musk on you and bite you everytime you pick them up?

I really do like them.

Ok, you're forgiven.

Those are beautiful Dean. I've not given Garters much thought. Do they musk on you and bite you everytime you pick them up?

I really do like them.

Thanks. :) I hadn't given them much thought either until a couple of years ago. I was blown away by how many types and morphs there are. Mine weren't super-expensive, but you can pay big bucks for garter morphs!

The Eastern Black-necks are a little musky and flighty, but they've never made any aggressive moves. The Puget blues are pretty darned mellow. I got a little musk when I popped the male, but that was it.

Stick around, ZC. We can chat it up about garters in the General Chit Chat forum. I'd like to see photos of yours. :)

These aren't your father's garter snakes, Wade. :grin01:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61386

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61162

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60509

Wow! Those are awesome! I used to catch Garter snakes when I was a kid but I'd never even considered having them as pets! I also didn't realize they came in so many different colors/patterns! Kewl.

040.jpg

There is nothing wrong with Garters.I think they are the BEST starter snake!

Yep, I am also a Garter owner as well. :)
And I do plan on getting some more later on this year. I am looking to get some California red sided garters. :)

Here is a picture of mine eating a pink. Fast little bugger, fastest and flightiest snake I own.

It's no doubt that Zany Chimp is 14. When you reach my age, it's a given that all your fears shall be manifested into mortal flesh. :shrugs:

That said, I hope s/he stays.

regards,
jazz

Back