• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

May not be seeing me around for awhile...

Garter snakes were the first snakes I ever got to hold and catch as a kid.. Never seen the bull snakes and others from my area.. Stick around, as pointed out, there is a wealth of information available here, and a lot of folks keep more than just corns here..

Here is a link to the child hood garters I used to catch..

http://esask.uregina.ca/entry/reptiles.html

Regards.. Tim of T and J

We used to catch them when I was a kid too, but they were wandering garters and they were bitey musky nasty critters.

It's no doubt that Zany Chimp is 14. When you reach my age, it's a given that all your fears shall be manifested into mortal flesh. :shrugs:

That said, I hope s/he stays.

regards,
jazz

I'll stay if it's OK... It's just kinda weird to be a member of a cornsnake forum if you don't have a cornsnake :bang:

I'll stay if it's OK... It's just kinda weird to be a member of a cornsnake forum if you don't have a cornsnake

I have a friend that posts here and only owns BP's.. Go figure Eh'..

We used to catch them when I was a kid too, but they were wandering garters and they were bitey musky nasty critters.

I don't remember the twerps being bitey for me, but musk, yeah.. People told me that corn musk stinks, I don't think they have messed with the best until they get a garter musking them! As strange as it might seem, I find myself yearning for the smell of a garter musking now! *LOL* Weird or what..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Scott Felzers site really is full of eye candy :*). Love garters, have kept a few over the years and am definitely "on the short list" to add a pair this year...The Puget Sound Blues Dean has are really shweet too...Stick around ZC

i kept a juvinile garter over the winter. found it almost frozen to death in the late fall and brought it home. the website i looked on said that it was a giant garter snake or something, very rare....if i remember right.

Congratulations on your new baby garter. Post photos when you can.

I think garters are an amazing snake since they come in so many different colors and variations naturally. And then there are the morphs as well. Scott Felzer is the "king" of garters and has some astounding new morphs that he produced this year. He is also an incredible guy to deal with. He is definitely one of the "good guys" in the reptile industry.

I will admit though that garter musk has got to be the worst there is. I have experienced kingsnake, corn and milk snake musking and the garters are by far the most pungent! They do calm down if they are handled on a regular basis.

Of the garters that I have owned the red sideds are the calmest although the meanest and craziest snake I have ever owned was Scott Felzer's colorless red sided. Scott got him back after the females that I had lined up for him died. He has produced some amazing babies for Scott this year.

I don't think it's weird that you don't have a corn. I found this site when I found a cornsnake in my yard and didn't know what it was. (They didn't have them in Minnesota where I grew up). So I just had that one corn, then a king, then a hoggy, then a Nelson's Milk, then another hoggy, then a Florida king, and then finally another corn. And then a bunch more corns.

Garter snakes were my first snake. I'd catch them all the time! Got bit every once in a while, but learned to mostly catch them without getting bit, and then after a few minutes they settle down. They were very musky, but I guess I just accepted that as their nature. Now I don't care so much about any snake musking me- maybe because I was worn down by the Garters! Garters were the first snake my daughter handled and caught, too. Pass it on!

You wanted to see a certain someone?

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 100_2138.jpg
    100_2138.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_2150.jpg
    100_2150.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_2156.jpg
    100_2156.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_2154.jpg
    100_2154.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 34
Hey,

I'll stay if it's OK... It's just kinda weird to be a member of a cornsnake forum if you don't have a cornsnake :bang:

you can still stay if you don't have a corn snake. This forum is a wealth of information and advice for any snake you might have.

I've been a member of this forum for a while now and still to this day haven't bought a corn snake. I've had a ball python all this time and any problems or advice I've ever needed, I've gotten from this forum and all the nice and informative people on it.

I do want to get a Silverqueen ghost in the next couple of months when it starts getting warmer here. They are the prettiest corns to me other than the opals and the snows. I definitely can't just choose one lol. I want a few corns, but I think the first will be a silver queen, then an opal or a snow.

Good luck,

Lil. :)

The thing with this site is the speed you get answers back when you have a question. I've been on sites that take weeks to get back to you.
Thing is, a lot of members have cornsnakes but they also own just about every other snake, between them as well.
And garters are a cool little snake in their own right..
anyway, you'll end up with a few snakes, if the rest of us are anything to go by.
Stick around, it's a nice place to visit.
MIKE

He's a cutie! There just isn't another snake forum that has the traffic this one does. And when you think about it, your garter has more things in common with corns than he has differences.

Yea, stick around. Even though I own a couple of corns(among others). I like to come here for the company, too. I like the fact that you can chat about anything.(chit chat forum). Nice and friendly.:spinner:

I've been an active member here for nearly 2 years now and have never owned a cornsnake, and have no plans to acquire one any time soon. I love it here and feel very welcome.

I love corns, but it most definetly isn't a requirement to own one in order to make friends here. ;)

There just isn't another snake forum that has the traffic this one does. .

I use another forum that has around 4000 posts a day!
But it's the quality of the people here that makes this site special...
REMEMBER.... it's quality not quantity that counts..LOL
Nanci is right, there just isn't another snake forum that has the traffic this one does....
MIKE

I've been an active member here for nearly 2 years now and have never owned a cornsnake, and have no plans to acquire one any time soon.
I'd say that Connor's as much corn as he is anything else. He sure ain't no yellow rat (not a pure one, anyway)! ;)

I'd say that Connor's as much corn as he is anything else. He sure ain't no yellow rat (not a pure one, anyway)! ;)

Maybe not a pure one, but he sure ain't a corn either in my eyes. ;) He is developing four black stripes, which prompted me to believe there is yellow rat in there somewhere.

I always suspected he was more rat than corn... yellow rat is so far the closest thing I've found to describe him :grin01:

Back