• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet Jazmine, the newest member of my family :)

SteelJawEmily

I work at a local PetSmart and this little girl was in our store for about 3 weeks and that's all it took for me to fall in love with her. I have always wanted a grey/calico kitty, and when I saw her, I had to get her!

So without further a-due here is Jazmine (Jazzy for short). And yes this will be her progression thread of a sorts. :)

And by the way, she has already kicked my 145lb Great Danes behind more than a few times.:grin01:

pic272.jpg

pic270.jpg

pic269.jpg

Awe I almost wanted to cry when I saw the first pic! She is such a cutie and those pics are great! I would've fallen in love with her too!

Pretty kitty. Wish I was aloud to have one :( All of my uncles/cousins on my moms side of the family hate cats. They say if you like rabbit hunting you will hate cats blah blah blah.

Pretty kitty. Wish I was aloud to have one :( All of my uncles/cousins on my moms side of the family hate cats. They say if you like rabbit hunting you will hate cats blah blah blah.

Be rebellious! I wasn't allowed to have snakes, and now I have two :grin01: My way of convincing my mom was saying "Look, I'm paying for them, they're going to be in my room, and when I move out, they're coming with me." And by some miracle, that worked. lol

But seriously it's too bad you can't have a cat :( They are really awesome pets.

And thanks everyone! I love her to death, but I'm going to have to teach her to not lay on my face/neck when we sleep, I had a hard time sleeping last night lol My poor dog Apollo is terrified of her. Poor guy.

Oh my gosh, she's sooooo cute! And, lol! You gotta love how such an adorable little bundle of fluff can have a giant canine begging for mercy. A friend of mine has a cat who, as a wee kitten, had the family's Newfie/chow mix wrapped around her little paw. :p

Beautiful calico dilute!

Edit: yeah, there is a gene called dilute in cats. It reduces the orange to buff & the black to gray, by changing the distribution of the pigment in the hair. I am a bit of a animal color genetics geek, which is why I LOVE corn snakes because they have so MANY color genes that we have identified!

Thanks everyone! She's a crazy little thing, my hands/arms are a little battle scarred from playing with her. :grin01:

Beautiful calico dilute!

Edit: yeah, there is a gene called dilute in cats. It reduces the orange to buff & the black to gray, by changing the distribution of the pigment in the hair. I am a bit of a animal color genetics geek, which is why I LOVE corn snakes because they have so MANY color genes that we have identified!

It's genetic? Too bad she's fixed >< I LOVE her colors, soooo pretty. And don't we all love the crazy variations of genetics? lol

Emily, she is so beautiful! I love her!
My sister has a litter of kittens from a tortishell momma...there's a tortishell kitten, & a grey version of a tortishell, now I can tell my sister it's a dilute :)
(The kittens need homes, btw, just saying) :)

OHHHH NO HEATHER.....I see where you're going....and I have reached my limits with my mom. lol Any more pets and she'll shove me and all of them out to the curb. :punch:

Thanks everyone! She's a crazy little thing, my hands/arms are a little battle scarred from playing with her. :grin01:

It's genetic? Too bad she's fixed >< I LOVE her colors, soooo pretty. And don't we all love the crazy variations of genetics? lol

I call that game "ferocious handwarmer". Yeah, it's genetic. Unlike hypo and ultra, which reduce the production of melanin in cornsnakes, cats make normal amounts of melanin, but it's distributed differently.

Did you know you can have your cat genetically tested for some of the pigment color & distribution mutations:

http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/coatcolorcat.php

That's very cool...although I did stare at it for a while before any of it made sense to me lol

Here are some new pictures from today :) Enjoy!

New hiding spot!
pic281.jpg

Helping us move:
pic277.jpg

pic280.jpg

What is HE doing in here? (Please excuse the mess, we are moving and so we are using our now empty dining room as the empty-box-room)
pic279.jpg

Time to pick on big bro!
pic285.jpg

pic283.jpg

pic282.jpg

pic284.jpg

She has started to play with Apollo rather than try to kill him...it's really funny to watch because poor Apollo looks at me like "Mom, how am I supposed to play with this thing? It's tiny and sharp."

And in case you were curious, Apollo is my pride and joy...he is my 2 year old Great Dane, who stands 37.5 inches at the shoulder and weighs 145lbs. I love him to death and yes, he acts just like Scooby Doo. :grin01:

Im more than aloud to have a cat. The problem is the cat would not last very long. My last kitten got hit by a car like 2 days after we got her. She was to far gone to save There is like no way we could have gotten her to the vet so we had to end it. My uncle was overjoyed at the fact he got to kill it. But dont think bad of him it was just the way he was raised. :(

Awwww! She is so adorable! We have a couple of dilute calicos at my Petsmart too, I think the coloration is gorgeous. We also have an adopted Petsmart kitty that won over my fiance. She is a tortoiseshell named Jaylan :)

She's adorable.

I love cats. I have two fur-babies myself. A black male named Magick and a black and white female (tuxedo cat) named Stardust.. I call her baby girl sometimes too.

Back