• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet Jazmine, the newest member of my family :)

She has started to play with Apollo rather than try to kill him...it's really funny to watch because poor Apollo looks at me like "Mom, how am I supposed to play with this thing? It's tiny and sharp."

And in case you were curious, Apollo is my pride and joy...he is my 2 year old Great Dane, who stands 37.5 inches at the shoulder and weighs 145lbs. I love him to death and yes, he acts just like Scooby Doo. :grin01:

Poor Apollo! He will end up getting the worst of it, I am sure!

Aw what an adorable Dilute Tortiseshell kitty! My mom has one and she is so sweet :) I have a Black Tabby and White kitty, he's 5 and is an absolute doll. Follows me around like a puppy and loves to sleep on my hip (I sleep on my side). Makes it hard to roll over lol.

She is gorgeous!!!! I love torties, I have two of them! :D

A friend of mine has a MALE dilute tortie, and he was fertile! Sired a litter of kittens, then they got him neutered. They were hoping they would get another male tortie, but of course those who are familiar with genetics knows it doesnt work that way ;) .

She is gorgeous!!!! I love torties, I have two of them! :D

A friend of mine has a MALE dilute tortie, and he was fertile! Sired a litter of kittens, then they got him neutered. They were hoping they would get another male tortie, but of course those who are familiar with genetics knows it doesnt work that way ;) .

Interesting! Did you know he had to be an XXY? Yeah. The basic coat colors of orange & black are on the X chromosome in cats, so a male cat can be one or the other but not BOTH unless he has 2 X chromosomes. Most XXY male mammals are not fertile. And the only way he could father a male tortie kitten is if it was also an XXY, which means he would have had to contribute an XY sperm to the project, so to speak. Doesn't happen often. Most of the time mammal zygotes with 3 sex chromosomes don't develop past a few cell divisions.

Edit: dilute in cats is autosomal recessive, works just like hypo or ultra in cornsnakes.

Here is the tiny terror again:

She's getting bigger, but I think shes going to be a pretty small cat. :)

pic459.jpg

Her famous "I'm going to kill you......but not yet." Look lol
pic461.jpg

She's so pretty! I love dilute torties, mine's a little spitfire with the dog too, LoL.

I love my tortie, Holly. She's the black and gold version. Since we had boys I need another girl in the house to keep everybody in line.

Here she is again....she is almost one year old now and still a tiny little thing. I hope she stays small....it offsets Apollo. lol
Helping me pick a movie:
001-2.jpg

Crazy eyes!
003-2.jpg

Rawr!!
007-1.jpg

And passed out
009-1.jpg

Look at those claws...
012-1.jpg

I believe in cat circles they call that color a "blue cream". But I could be wrong.

She's a gem! I LOVE cats that give big dogs the what for!

BTW when it comes to your family's opinion of cats, it probably won't make much of a difference but tell them you know someone whose barn cat regularly brings back rabbits and squirrels. And the squirrels are HEADLESS! Best mouser I've ever seen!

Devon

Haha yea, our older cat Harley (7 or 8 years old), was our mouser when we lived out in the country. He was constantly bringing us gophers, mice, rats, quail, ground squirrels, birds, and once he even hauled in a small pheasant! :eek1:
Now though he has really let himself go. He is obese and weighs nearly 20 lbs. We have had him on a diet but seeing as he is both an inside and outside cat, we suspect he is still hunting and eating to his little hearts content. lol He may be fat, but he is still healthy! Passes his vet check every time.

Jazmine likes to take out bugs like nobodies business. She once helped me find a Black Widow that was nesting in my bathroom! She wanted to play with it but I wouldn't let her. I flushed the thing. Those spiders look cool but I would NOT want one getting all cozy in my house. :sidestep:

Back