• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet Minion...the CG.

SteelJawEmily

I was surfing the Craigslist adds when....I found this little lady. (I'm assuming it's a female but I don't know the sex yet, too young.)

She is a Harlequin Crested Gecko. She came with an 18x18x18 Exo-Terra, a ton of plants, food, and her critter keeper (what she's in now until I can get her Exo set up).

I named her Minion because, well....it popped in my head on my way home with her.
pic355.jpg

pic357.jpg

pic359.jpg

Boing!
pic360.jpg

She has very good aim lol
pic361.jpg

Pretty little crestie! Looks like this is your first? Congrats and welcome to another addiction!

Very pretty little one. How many grams?

Not sure, I just got her home yesterday so I don't want to stress her out too much. She's about 2 inches or so.

Pretty little crestie! Looks like this is your first? Congrats and welcome to another addiction!

It is my first, but I've researched and wanted one for a while. She's so cool :) When she "accidentally" met my Great Dane Apollo, through the plastic of her critter keeper, she flared/fired up, opened up her mouth and stood up as high as she could. It was the cutest thing ever.

And I should tell you the way she met him is because shes on my kitchen counter right now, where Apollo can easily rest his head on. Funny thing was, he didn't even see her because she is so tiny. :p

And thanks everyone! I love her to death already. :grin01:

Depending on how many grams s/he is, it's generally recommended to step stone their cages, and especially with the little ones, to keep them in fairly small Kritter Keepers. I personally think the stages that are usually recommended are too conservative, but you probably don't want to put her in the Exo until she's around 10 to 15 grams. It makes them easier to monitor and make sure they are eating if they are in a smaller container. Especially with the little ones, it can be hard to tell if they are eating unless you can find where they are pooping.

Thanks, I might just do that. The Critter keeper she is in is pretty big. When she settles in, I'll see if I cant weigh her.

Thanks for the tip! :)

I was going to say she looked more like a Flame to me too but I'm still not 100% up on the zones and I couldn't remember all of the zones it needs to have pattern in to qualify as a harly. I've seen some low patterned harly's with only a bit more pattern than her.
She's pretty either way!
Who told you she was a Flame?

I was going to say she looked more like a Flame to me too but I'm still not 100% up on the zones and I couldn't remember all of the zones it needs to have pattern in to qualify as a harly. I've seen some low patterned harly's with only a bit more pattern than her.
She's pretty either way!
Who told you she was a Flame?

A lady on the PNWHS forums. She breeds Cresties so I trust her opinion. :)

Ah, I just wondered if it was someone on the crestie forum I belong to. I'm on Pangea under the user name Charis.

So I did some re-arranging today. Malakai my carpet got the 18-Exo Terra cube. And Minion got his 10 gallon. I turned it on it's side and used some of the plants that came with her and this is what I came up with. :)

(There is a screen that goes on the front but for taking pictures I left it off.)
pic377.jpg

pic380.jpg

pic378.jpg

Exploring!
pic385.jpg

And in the plants we go
pic376.jpg

Minion is darn cute. My daughter was holding a crestie at an Expo and it kept jumping on to me. It snuggled down on my chest and was very content there. It was so cute. I have been thinking about getting one for a while but that was the first time holding one.

That's a cool set up! Minion will be a happy camper :)

Yea, I've been wanting one for a while. We had a teeny tiny one at work a while ago but I was afraid it was too small and I would hurt it somehow.

Minion is small but not incredibly small like that one. Not to mention she is very easy to handle. She just sits on your hand/finger and looks around like "Oh, I'm out? Ok...whatever." :)

Back