• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet Ruby (or Rudy)

My ex was very dubious about snakes when I first met him and didn't want anything to do with my lot.

By the time we split up eight years later, he owned - if I remember correctly - four Taiwan Beauties, two Blue Beauties, three Trinkets, two Mandarin Ratsnakes and a pair of the foulest-tempered Gonyosoma you could hope to meet (although they're all pretty unpleasant as I understand it). And he handled all of them like a pro.

I was left feeling like a right amateur with "only" Corns and a King!

Snakes are contagious...

Pretty girl! I'm glad your Ruby is nothing like my Ruby- that would be distressing for a new snake owner. Your Ruby sounds much better behaved!

awwww so cute I like the name Rudy, but I cant help but think of a giant afro and a door

And see I always think of the youngest of the Hucksble (sp?) children from the family show that Bill Cosby had on... Her name was Rudy and she was one very smart kid :D The writers gave her some of the best lines :D

Congrads on the new snake! Great that you didn't have to wait until your birthday for it... now, it'll be the wife thinking she'll need her own snake like the rest of the family... she won't want to be left out :)

Thanks for the comments peeps. Ruby and I are getting very close lately, and she amuses me by sticking her head out of her hide and just watching (spooky). She gave me my first scare today when I removed the hide and searched the substrate for her - nothing. In a blind panic I called Mrs Ruraldean, who pointed out that Ruby was wedged in a crevice in her hide and there was no need to worry.

In case you're wondering if I felt stupid - just a bit (OK, a lot).

She also dumped in my lap two days ago, something I've never done to anyone in my life. Bloody cheek.

(That's the snake by the way, not the Missus).

Hi
Congrats. Lovely looking Amel. Very similar to my 07 Amel het Butter female, Amber. Brought my first corn snake in april and i now have 6 and can't seem to stop. They are highly addictive. I have an oketee male, oketee female, snow female, amel het butter female, anery type b female and ? ghost 08 hatchling. Good luck.

Back